Just have to vent

/ Just have to vent #11  
All we need is Gasguy, Liquidguy, Lubeguy, and Hydroguy and we could begin a battle of the "Tractor Physics Superheroes." I'll go for the role of Ducttapeguy. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Just have to vent
Right now I'm not too happy with cheap "expensive" plastic guy.

Also thanks for all the suggestions.

/ Just have to vent #13  
Pete:

I was letting the canoe down the river bank when I slipped. Fortunetly I stopped but the canoe didn't. Ended up being a very nice day.

Egon

/ Just have to vent #14  
Well, the problem with finding one used is, you and every other deere mower owner are looking for one. I have a LX172, and the first thing to fall slam off of it was the hood. It was patched, and patched until it finally was in too many pieces to worry with. During the same time, just about every other plastic part became brittle and broke. In my opinion, Deere should have stood behind this. That was B.S. You pay TOP DOLLAR for something that YOU THINK is quality, and it falls apart around you. THEN you think your just going to call the dealer, and order replacements for the all the plastic. JUST THE PLASTIC PARTS cost more than I could sell the whole unit for. But hey, "Nothin runs like a Deere!"

That is why I have a nice, shiney Orange machine now. You know why it's shiney? THERE'S NO PLASTIC!

Anybody interested in a used LX172? Runs great, but looks like heck because ALL THE PLASTIC HAS BROKEN OFF.

OK, I'm done venting, but I feel your pain.

/ Just have to vent #15  
Step back and think about the cost of any part for any machine - car, truck, tractor. All of the manufacturers make money off of parts. Always was and always will be.... /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

Terry

/ Just have to vent #16  
It's not that their just trying to make money on parts. As you say, this will always be. I have a problem with the parts being inferior from the word go, and raping the every Joe who wants to replace the said inferior part on a machine that was (as claimed by thier floor geek) suppose to be superor to all other lawn machines. Remember, it was green & yellow.

/ Just have to vent #17  
johndeere.gif

Thanks Polymer Guy... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

That was very interesting... can you go into some detail as to the official type of "plastics" used on the John Deere and New Holland Compact Tractors...

Perhaps, also give us a glimpse of what lies ahead in the future in the World of Plastic... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ Just have to vent #18  
sorry about being hoodless :(

could you fashion one out of fiberglass, using the original as a [parital] pattern?

/ Just have to vent #19  
Then you are my hero bigpete--er--Ducttapeguy. Duct tape is stronger than steel, sticks like glue and holds both metal and shattered plastic together at even 100 MPH.
Ducttapeguy, you are so sticky and come in those nice economy packs that are always there to save the day! Glueguy and Polymerguy do not stand a chance!
J

/ Just have to vent #20  
Since there less than a hand full of use still up,I'll make the coffee and get the cups ready. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Last edited: