Just arrived and hour meter is broken

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken
In the final analysis, this is likely the best advicie. There will be no proving that it wasn't working if when the dealer took it in; certainly no proving that he tampered with it. Run your tractor and maintain it well. If this is something that is going to trouble you every time you get on the machine, the better thing is to sell it and move on, dealing with someone local and trustworthy.
This reactor would have been $50k locally. The dealer is taking it back as I previously noted.

With out getting too much into your business, what is the driving factors in the search; HP for a specific impliment, size/weight/lifting power; something I'm missing? If you can get away with a machine in 65-90hp; it opens up a lot of 'life style' guys used machines, with low hours, and all. When you get into a M105 class machine; used machines are Mostly going to heavily used, off lease, or big money.

An example of what was either a chore machine or a 'life style' guy. A 66 Hp cab machine, with loader for $43k and only 355 hours. That's a big step down in power and a significant step up in money. As a counter, an MF 5465, 109 hp, loader, cab ,2200 hours, for $55,000.View attachment 823089
Besides the work I have to do around my house, I am building a camp with it

Fair enough...how about 111HP.

I've seen a few M5-111's for sale that'd work for me and are the right price, but they also have DEF which is an additional $2800 to have removed. Plus when the EPA gets involved, they help nothing and no one except their handlers.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #314  
Considered rental for the big stuff and buying something for long term maintenance? I'm thinking maybe you could get by with less (heresy here, I know) once the camp is built and such.

Is a tractor really the right tool? Again with the heresy.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #315  
Start subscribing to the big auction sites.
You can occasionally find some gems.

Start subscribing to the big auction sites.
You can occasionally find some gems.
Been on them for a long time. I used to buy gov auctions all the time.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #318  
Hook an engine analyzer and see what teh hours are on the engine. You need to know the real hours for piece of mind and what service it needs.

Considered rental for the big stuff and buying something for long term maintenance? I'm thinking maybe you could get by with less (heresy here, I know) once the camp is built and such.

Is a tractor really the right tool? Again with the heresy.
It's not really the correct tool, but I'm not in a position to get a mini excavator, skid steer, and dozer. I need one machine I can do all 3 with for the camp. I realize it'll be slower then the correct tools, but it's also $200k cheaper.

The rental is difficult. Besides there being no where to rent from, I will need to bring the item out so frequently as the job comes up it'll incur considerable costs in just delivery fees.

Hook an engine analyzer and see what teh hours are on the engine. You need to know the real hours for piece of mind and what service it needs.
Already goin back