Just arrived and hour meter is broken

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken
quite a thread...OP: notice you're from New York City? what's the tractor work like given location? forgive me if i missed something...my suggestion is to sit back, sleep on the issue a while before doing anything financially rash. prob smart move to post your issue here
Never did hear how much to replace the part after all this fuss. best regards,
Tractor is already going back. Too much risk on my end with unknown hours and worn wear parts. Nothing to replace to right the wrong per se, buy the worn stuff would probably be a few K.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #272  
Tractor is already going back. Too much risk on my end with unknown hours and worn wear parts. Nothing to replace to right the wrong per se, buy the worn stuff would probably be a few K.
all the best. am sure in 6 mo it will be behind you, best regards,..

Last edited:
all the best. am sure in 6 mo it will be behind you, best regards, now go work that machine...
In 6 months it'll be someone else's issue. I have to find a new tractor now.

I was thinking of getting some projects done while I wait for then to get it, but I'd be so mad at myself if something broke. So it's just parked until the driver comes.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #274  
In 6 months it'll be someone else's issue. I have to find a new tractor now.

I was thinking of getting some projects done while I wait for then to get it, but I'd be so mad at myself if something broke. So it's just parked until the driver comes.
glad you worked through your decisions. regards

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #275  
Not quite. It was supposed to be listed as "approximately 2000 hours". It was listed incorrectly at 1555 hours. It's not who owned the tractor. It was sold under false pretense.

If you bought a car from me, signed "as is" then I sent you a banana the as is doesn't stand. I did not send you what I advertised and you purchased.
I guess based on what you have said.....

Saying it was "supposed" to be listed as approx 2000hrs.....I'm not sure of.

It should have been, absolutely. And it should have clearly spelled out it had a non-function tach and hour meter.

However.....I get the impression that the dealer (or at least the sales dept) had no idea until you contacted them.

Then their investigation revealed the truth.

At this point though, it don't matter. They are taking care of it and making you whole. So don't dwell on it and get back to tractor shopping

Saying it was "supposed" to be listed as approx 2000hrs.....I'm not sure of.
I am. That is what the salesman said.
It should have been, absolutely. And it should have clearly spelled out it had a non-function tach and hour meter.
Agreed
However.....I get the impression that the dealer (or at least the sales dept) had no idea until you contacted them.
The intake guy knew, but failed to pass it on.
Then their investigation revealed the truth.
No investigation needed. The guy who listed it was overachieving.
At this point though, it don't matter. They are taking care of it and making you whole. So don't dwell on it and get back to tractor shopping
Not dwelling. Just annoyed their mistake cost me $1,100. And now I have the burden of finding another suitable tractor.

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #279  
And now I have the burden of finding another suitable tractor.
Might I suggest a new TYM? More capability than the same sized Kubotas and considerably lower price point.

Yes, there are fewer dealers. Yes, you will have to explain what TYM is to the unaware. Yes, half of TBN will think you are an idiot. Welcome to my world!

What are your primary chores anticipated for your machine?

/ Just arrived and hour meter is broken #280  
Not dwelling. Just annoyed their mistake cost me $1,100. And now I have the burden of finding another suitable tractor.
Sometimes the small lose is way better than keeping it and loosing all of the valve. Sure a grand these days isn't so easily to make up out of thin air.

Being around NYC you have fewer options of finding tractor deals. You are close enough to Allentown, Reading and Quakertown for tractors to inspect in person.

There are over 19 machines listed on the Allentown Craigslist worth while to consider. Bobcat, Kubota, Deere, New Holland, Yanmar, and Mitsubishi.
Owner or dealer too.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
2002 Ford Focus (A33526)
2002 Ford Focus...
CAT D-3 CRAWLER TRACTOR (A32908)
CAT D-3 CRAWLER...
2023 SPARTAN ENCLOSED TRAILER (A32908)
2023 SPARTAN...
2016 Volvo L120H Articulated Wheel Loader (A32932)
2016 Volvo L120H...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...