Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,721  
Nicer oem piston. One in it has a carbon scoring mark on ext. Pulls 160psi. But to make it nicer for next owner when I flip it.

h61ppp.jpg

#1,722  
Tore down and cleaned up 61 yesterday morning.

Such a easy saw to work on. Like working on the 60's cars I had.

Before after cyl.

h61before.jpg
h61after.jpg
h61afterr.jpg
h61cr.jpg
h61casee.jpg
h61case.jpg

#1,723  
Started right back up too.

h61xx.jpg
h61xxx.jpg
h61xxxxx.jpg
h61xxxx.jpg

#1,724  
I expect the closed 50mm Gil2 50mm 670 champ to just walk away from the 61 open 48mm K&S. But will be fun testing anyways.
Owned all the 266's 268xp 268 272 66. Just never a 61 as wasnt a saw I wanted. But this 86 one was to nice. So going to find out.

h61j670.jpg

#1,725  
Went how I figured. Both stock. 670 has gill muffler mod both sides. 61 muffler has a inner baffle and notta done.
I don’t want to cut on 61 muffler being I am going to sell it.
6.5's J to mid 8's H.

They all would get the job done. Not a race cutting firewood.

12x13 round used, one on top

treelogs.jpg

#1,726  
Wanted to see what the cylinder looked like under the dark stale mix coating inside cylinder. Nice bore under there.

Poulan 365 60cc cylinder before and after cleaning.

Didn’t even need my first 2 steps. Just did the 3rd one with fresh crosshatch.

p365zzzzzzzz.jpg
p365zzzzzzz.jpg
p365z.jpg

p365zz.jpg

#1,727  
Fired boat up last week first try. Been seating all winter in plastic tank and vent open. No worries of moisture drawn in like E-gas BS.
I always use K100 at end of season and have seen the results with carb with that too.

Purred like a kitten around the lake never missing a beat.

What all my OPE gets too. Gen when stored also.

412152636_10230341515858284_3193565818048087869_n.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,728  
Not readily available around here and where it is, it's extremely over priced to the point where 'canned gas' is actually viable. Tru-Fuel now markets canned gas with no oil added. My issue with pump Rec gas is simply, whatever is remaining in the hose and pump from the last customer could be 'corn squeezed' if the previous customer filled up with corn gas and then you get the remainder of it when you select the 'Rec' fuel option. Now if it was a dedicated Rec pump, that would be a non issue.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,729  
Not readily available around here and where it is, it's extremely over priced to the point where 'canned gas' is actually viable. Tru-Fuel now markets canned gas with no oil added. My issue with pump Rec gas is simply, whatever is remaining in the hose and pump from the last customer could be 'corn squeezed' if the previous customer filled up with corn gas and then you get the remainder of it when you select the 'Rec' fuel option. Now if it was a dedicated Rec pump, that would be a non issue.

I thought it was normal for a person to put a few gallons in the truck before filling up the jug with non E fuel to purge the lines.

I mean, that is the common sense thing to do...

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,730  
I only know of one non-ethanol serving station in my area. It is a separate pump. I know of several in Oklahoma. They had separate pumps as well, but their's also had several octane choices. Ours only has one.