Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,593  
Got that bigger apple roots that went down in tornado in Aug flipped out. Had to wait on corn taking in.

Just used our old envoy xl in 4x4 low since reese hitch still on it and not my plow truck.

Old pos plastic 46cc root cutter was having issues in cut. Running out of mix. Stop cut catch up do it again. That told me stiff diaphragms.
Also fines in screen inside carb from past owner running without fuel filter few years ago.

1994 plastic 46cc saw like a stihl 025 250 in cut and weight but can be bought for nothing almost. But has air injection.

They come in chrome bore or bare bores too. Depending on model.

Common walbro wt carb kit and couldn't believe I was out of the dias it used on both sides. So ordered a bunch of kits.

roott.jpg
rootttt.jpg
roottt.jpg
p2750ai.jpg
p2750p.jpg
p2750carb.jpg
p2750rnn.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,594  
Got that bigger apple roots that went down in tornado in Aug flipped out. Had to wait on corn taking in.

Just used our old envoy xl in 4x4 low since reese hitch still on it and not my plow truck.

Old pos plastic 46cc root cutter was having issues in cut. Running out of mix. Stop cut catch up do it again. That told me stiff diaphragms.
Also fines in screen inside carb from past owner running without fuel filter few years ago.

1994 plastic 46cc saw like a stihl 025 250 in cut and weight but can be bought for nothing almost. But has air injection.

Common walbro wt carb kit and couldn't believe I was out of the dias it used on both sides. So ordered a bunch of kits.

View attachment 830984View attachment 830985View attachment 830986View attachment 830987View attachment 830988View attachment 830989View attachment 830990
I had one like that... would run fine then die and not restart until it cooled down. It died an ugly death on the cutting edge of the loader bucket in fit of rage.... Switched to Husky and learned how to work on them....

#1,595  
Thats funny. Sounds like simple coil swap all it needed.

The cheaper husky 36 41 141 136 etc are like this plastic saw. I dont care for the plastic saws myself and why they get crap work when needed.

I actually hated having to order carb kits for this as I really dont like putting money into a plastic saw. Worth more parted out IMHO

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,596  

View attachment 830984View attachment 830985View attachment 830986View attachment 830987View attachment 830988View attachment 830989View attachment 830990
Nice. I've got my SIL's old PP 5020 just sitting here, after I gave up on it. If I get time/interest after this shop is done, I may go after again. I can't stand stuff that won't run.

We have 4 Huskys, that start and run whenever needed.

#1,597  
Nice. I've got my SIL's old PP 5020 just sitting here, after I gave up on it. If I get time/interest after this shop is done, I may go after again. I can't stand stuff that won't run.

We have 4 Huskys, that start and run whenever needed.
Just done one of those again other day. The newer PR5020 all black

Everyone I have had in and mine was tuned wrong. Most cheap saws are I have noticed.

Normal is carb is out of wack tune from get go. Fuel lines are epa crap and come apart and allow fines to clog carb inside.

I bought the PP5020 when first come out in 2013 for 169 shipped to my door. Early version all yellow.

Few of the epa line fails.

plinee.jpg
pline.JPG

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,598  
Thats funny. Sounds like simple coil swap all it needed.

The cheaper husky 36 41 141 136 etc are like this plastic saw. I dont care for the plastic saws myself and why they get crap work when needed.

I actually hated having to order carb kits for this as I really dont like putting money into a plastic saw. Worth more parted out IMHO
Or clamshell engines though they are much easier to work on the lower ends if necessary and I suspect much easier to produce as well. MY little Echo CS is a clamshell I believe. I posted elsewhere, I believe on the Arborist forum that my ancient 028 AV has been sitting for at least since last fall on the shelf in the shop, filled with Echo Red Armor 50-1 and the bar oil tank with quality bar oil in it and I used it the other day to cut the top 14" off a maple stump one of my arborist customers cut down for me and it started and idled nicely on the 3rd pull. Popped on the second and ran on the third. I'm sold on Red Armor 50-1 canned fuel. Interestingly, not much exhaust smoke at all and the smell is interesting too. Don't smell like normal pre-mix at all. Last time I had the muffler off, I looked inside the port and there was little to no carbon buildup and the piston and rings were free and not much blow by buildup on the piston and the bore and piston had no score marks on them either. Not bad for a 45+ year old saw that started life when I owned and operated a tree trimming and removal company in north central Ohio. Kind of thought it might need a new set of crank seals but I guess not as it has good compression and runs like a raped ape. One thing I am going to do is eliminate the aluminum chain catcher under the side cover. Gonna machine a plastic roller assembly like Echo uses on the larger saws. I think that is a novel idea worth copying.

Got a friend's Dolmar in the shop. It has little compression and won't pull anything but a real short bar and chain but he has run the bags out of it on weasel pee pump gas and Stihl bottled pre mix oil. I bet it will need new crank seals and a top end rebuild as well, I'm pretty sure the piston and cylinder is cooked as well. Hopefully the crank and con rod is good to go. Fingers crossed on that. Good winter project for me.

Last edited:
   / Just another junk chainsaw #1,600  
Just done one of those again other day. The newer PR5020 all black

Everyone I have had in and mine was tuned wrong. Most cheap saws are I have noticed.

Normal is carb is out of wack tune from get go. Fuel lines are epa crap and come apart and allow fines to clog carb inside.

I bought the PP5020 when first come out in 2013 for 169 shipped to my door. Early version all yellow.

Few of the epa line fails.

View attachment 831020View attachment 831021
Wow! Is that some sort of a liner inside that yellow tube?