Mowing Just a little mowing...

/ Just a little mowing... #1  

crashz

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L2501, JD LT150, DR Field Mower
My father and I have some land in upstate New York and his parcel has about 20 acres of fields. The land is almost all sloped and there are many obstacles to mow around. Thought I would show a few shots of the area and of course the little 770 working hard.

BTW - a 5 foot brush hog, and wet thick grass on fairly steep hills is the absolute limit for a 21 pto HP tractor.

Attachments

• 1st mow in NY 001.jpg
    1st mow in NY 001.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 1st mow in NY 002.jpg
    1st mow in NY 002.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 375
  • 1st mow in NY 004.jpg
    1st mow in NY 004.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 365
   / Just a little mowing... #2  
Good thing you have the emergency brake on the front end.

You must be in Central NY by the looks of the windmill in the mountain view.

/ Just a little mowing... #3  
burnetma said:
Good thing you have the emergency brake on the front end.

You must be in Central NY by the looks of the windmill in the mountain view.

I'm going to guess he is in the Steventown, NY - Hancock, MA area off Rt-43. Windmill in on the Ski area.

/ Just a little mowing... #4  
What size is that rear mower, looks to be pretty big?

/ Just a little mowing... #5  
Those little 770's are hard workers, aren't they?

If I could have found one of those when I was looking for a bit more PTO HP, I'd be operating a 770 rather then a 790 today.

/ Just a little mowing... #6  
Those 770s are real workhorses. A friend of mine uses an 84" RFM on his to mow just over 6 acres. If I didn't see it myself, I would have been skeptical. He does have to stay up with it though. :)

/ Just a little mowing...
Geez Al - you got it right on! Good eyes!

Nuru - Thats a 5 foot Bush Hog Squealer. Not one side is straight. We call it the grenade tester. But it cuts well. Its a bit heavy for my machine, but we've managed so far.

JD and Roy - I absolutely love this little tractor. I could imagine a 84" RFM only if the grass is well maintained and on flat ground. With my 5 foot brush hog and the steep hills, the 770 has all it can do in thick grass.

/ Just a little mowing... #8  
Crashz, thanks for the response. That unit from the view of the pic looks very big to me. I thought you were gonna say something like an 84"