John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #51  
The Cub doesn't have a stronger transaxle, I don't know what has you saying that BDU10 outperforms the K72 but you'd be mistaken.

It does i just showed you the math on figuring out the max axle torque. The fact that you keep pushing it off like its not here is dumb. Also you have to take into account when the bdu10L is in the axle case with the gearing. Thats what makes it stronger due to its reduction ratio and torque. So read my post that i had made prior in cub vs john deere tractors and get back to me then.

Last edited:
   / John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #52  
It does i just showed you the math on figuring out the max axle torque. The fact that you keep pushing it off like its not here is dumb. Also you have to take into account when the bdu10L is in the axle case with the gearing. Thats what makes it stronger due to its reduction ratio and torque. So read my post that i had made prior in cub vs john deere tractors and get back to me then princess.

Do you want to have a conversation, or do you want to have a fight? It's your choice, but I guarantee the later ends with us both banned.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #53  
Do you want to have a conversation, or do you want to have a fight? It's your choice, but I guarantee the later ends with us both banned.

Im trying to have a conversation but you wont listen that my only issue. If you would listen then im sure both of us wouldn’t be arguing. But you really need to read my prior post to understand how i know that the torque of the BDU10L is infact more than the K72.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #54  
How about head to neutral corners for a breather fellas? ;)

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #56  
Careful guys, boss moss is on the job!

SR

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #57  
Is MossRoad a moderator? I know stupid question.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #58  
For me, the good years of Cub ended when they started putting plastic hoods and side panels on starting with the Cyclops tractors that came after the 82 series. That was the beginning of the "cheapening" of the line by MTD. Till that point, MTD had mostly left it alone, continuing the 82 series, in both red and yellow/white at first, then just the later. The diesel powered cubs didnt happen till MTD/CCC ownership of the line. We have a pair of the diesel powered 82 series Cubs. A 782D and the 1512 Diesel. Both are beasts compared to what they pass off as a "garden tractor" these days. I should know, I turned wrenches on them professionally for 30 years before better money and benefits at Chrysler called me to work there. JD was great as well thru those years with the 318, 332 diesel, 420 and 430 diesel. All great GT's. The combination of the SCUT with its 540 rear pto and the faster mowing speed of the ZTR, killed the GT market as it once was. For what a GT would cost that would equil those Cub and JD models, you would be well into SCUT prices. Which are much more capable than a GT.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #59  
Here's when they made them strong,

IMG-1405-S.jpg

It's lots of fun to cruise around on and even do a bit of skidding.

SR

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #60  
None taken; by wrong I mean you probably have some form of personal attachment to the GT25xx that causes you to feel it's superior to the X5xx. Don't think that's a knock on the Cub Cadet, so much as a testament to the overall quality of the Deere. Mechanically, the GT25xx is a solid machine; the Kohler Command is an excellent engine, the Hydro-Gear rear is absolutely solid, and these basics make up the current Cub Cadet XT3- which I've owned previously. The shaft-drive, a hallmark of Cub Cadet, does an excellent job maintaining a consistent transfer of power throughout the life of the machine, where the efficiency of a drive-belt will ware down in time. That aside, the design of the hood was absolutely preposterous, and it's ability to trap heat was second-to-none.

Now the Deere X5xx runs Kawasaki FH engines, to include formerly the liquid-cooled X540 and current fuel-injected X590; a belt transfers that power to a TuffTorq K72 rear-end, which provides more torque than the HG BDU-10 in the Cub Cadet. All models of the X5xx include a differential lock, I don't believe the GT25xx offered one, though eventually Cub offered it with the XT3 GSX- two generations after the GT25xx. I don't recall if the GT25xx offered hydraulics, or if you had to bump up to a GT30xx to get them; the higher-end X5xx machines had a basic hydraulic system that provides both power lift and steering- and I believe also powered attachments like the sleeve hitch. [EDIT]: Also, the Deere machines are offered with 4-wheel steer.

Both machines offered belt-driven rototillers, were excellent snow fighters, and had their fans. Both are, for all intents and purposes, still in production- though it's technically been two generations since the GT25xx was new, the XT3 is a direct descendent.

The Cub Cadet offers productivity and features similar to Deere at a lower price, where the Deere has (arguably I suppose) superior ergonomics and absolutely superior fit and finish. The Deere is also physically larger, and heavier.

I've never owned an X5xx, and absolutely loved my XT3, but there is a reason the X5xx sells so well- and it's not because they're a bargain.
I really like the used X 500 we bought, that diff lock is very nice to have and the Kawasaki has run flawlessly as has the K72. The only thing I am not crazy about is the plastic hood.