John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #2  
Oh no, another click-bait movie to watch. I'm game. 🤪

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #3  
honest to god I wouldn't touch a "garden tractor" if you paid me.
They are so unbelievably slow when mowing. I'll take a ferris zero turn any day. I can mow at near 20 MPH.
Try that with a garden tractor.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #4  
They are so unbelievably slow when mowing. I'll take a ferris zero turn any day. I can mow at near 20 MPH.
I would agree. My neighbor has that Cub Cadet. What a put-put slow moving machine. With gas prices being so high, why go slow and burn so much fuel?

I pull 6FT PTO driven mowers and can clip along at 15mph with the Yanmar. Not only that, the tractor can do so much more than just a machine that cuts grass and you sit on your behind doing it.

The days of the lawn tractors are gone. Now Garden tractors with a CAT-0 hitch have value. And more so with a PTO rear drive output like an SCUT.

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors
Good luck rototilling with a zero turn

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #7  
OK I'll take that bet. $20 is yours if you touch a "garden tractor" with video proof.

Richard

/ John Deere Vs Cub Cadet Garden Tractors #9  
Don't know why you said that. Seems a tad illogical to mix PTO applications with a dedicated mower for the sake of an illogical snarky remark.

They make both belt driven rototillers and ones that just need be towed, and a garden tractor gives you a small machine with a transaxle capable of holding up to the stress. Add to that, the availability of the sleeve hitch and compatible implements and you've got a bit more flexibility of use. They're not so common as they were prior to be supplanted by the subcompact tractor, but they're still quite capable machines when used with realistic expectations; or rather they can do a whole lot, just a lot slower.
As for mowing, zero-turns aren't for everyone; I mow at quite a leisurely pace because it's what I enjoy, so the slower top speed of a garden tractor is fine with me. I had a Cub XT3 GSX prior to my Deere and it was, prior to the Deere, the most enjoyable lawn mower I'd ever operated. It was sturdy, comfortable, easy to operate, and had an excellent cut. Now, it had it's issues, but that's more of a brand specific issue lol.

Anyhow, point being that garden tractors have their place, even if it's an ever-shrinking portion of the market.

Now, on the used market they're still extremely popular and at least until recently, reasonably priced.