3-Point Hitch John Deere 5075M hitch problem

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem
mdmarcelle,

In reference to your question regarding the "fit" of HD and SD parts,

I can not say with 100% certainty that they will, however, given the images I have seen on the parts diagrams, as well as the HD kits I have looked at on other tractors, I would say that the parts WILL fit. Again, Im just assuming.

My regional rep would not even discuss the issue, because he did not want me coming back to him in the future with another failure because I had "put Heavy Duty hitch arms on a standard duty hitch link".......

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #52  
This may go to a class action suit.

I owned a 1997 Chevy Tahoe and got a letter someone started a suit due to the fuel tank being lesser capacity than advertised. They felt it did not have the range they expected. I think the original filers and the Lawyers got the biggest payout. I was offered a rebate to buy another GM vehicle. I felt it was frevious and declined to participate.

Well guys, I got a call from my dealer. The HD upgrade kit came in. Picked it up around 3. I had some tillage to take care of, started to install the kit around 10:30 tonight, finished up the install around midnight.

Installation was simple enough. Deere provides good instructions, and the materials are excellent quality. Its a good thing we went with the kit, and not just the lower arms as they would NOT fit. The HD arms are thicker, requiring wider lift link yokes and longer yoke pins. The HD style locking system on the telescopic ends is identical to that on our 6420`s. Very sturdy and extremely heavy.

Our dealer billed us for the kit, at his cost ($1,100). We are going to continue to try and get Deere to cover a portion of it. One thing is for certain, this is THE kit that should come STANDARD on all 5M`s....

I dont have much time to take pics, if I get a few extra minutes I will be sure to though. Joe and I were talking today, he is going to write Deere corporate a certified letter, explaining our situation, and our disappointment. If any of you would be willing to type up a brief narrative of your poor experiences with the 5M hitch system, I would be very greatful. Joe and I want to have as much backup as possible when we confront Deere. If you would like, you can type it up using Microsoft Word and email it to me. Please include your actual name, location, etc. if you dont mind.

(matthewb@zoominternet.net)

Well...its late and I`ve had enough fun....I`ll check back tomorrow some time. Again, thanks for the continuing support and assistance everyone, we greatly appreciate it!

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #54  
Congrats on finally getting the HD hitch. My dealer is still waiting to hear back from Deere on my situation. After your description of the HD hitch, I feel I really want it, especially with my 6000lbs capacity lift cylinders.

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #55  
I agree that in this class and price range there should not be an option. The M series should just come with the HD lift. Especially given the failure of the standard parts....

I am sure that they were just trying to keep the base price down to stay competitive and there are users that do not use the 3pt hitch so they don't need to spend an extra $1,500.

Frankly though, the standard hitch should be able to take a lot of punishment right up to the published specs and then some. If the HD hitch was standard, then it could. Besides, I bet that the manufacturing costs amortized over the entire production run would not cost Deere any more than the standard hitch does to manufacture.

Marketing decided it was another chance to market an up-charged item and in this case it's a bad idea....

Well guys, I had some time after I parked the machines to snap some pics. Please forgive me for the quality, it was already after 9 and dark. I tried to park the 5075m near the shop so I could illuminate the rear end for a better shot. I also snapped some shots of 2 of our 6420`s to show the comparison of their standard hitch. Also, I made sure to take a few shots of the broken standard hitch arm and pieces. As of this moment, we have paid our dealer the $1100 (his cost), and will be sending Deere & Co. a registered letter to voice our dissatisfaction about the hitch failure. Hopefully they will refund us a portion of the cost. I agree Charleyfarmall, the HD hitch should have been standard. And YES, the manufacturing cost would hardly be more than the SD. I put 8 hours on the tractor today mowing pastures in all sorts of slopes and terrain....absolutely perfect function from the hitch and the mower. Its nice knowing its back there, would liked to have had it from new but...such is the way of things I guess.

Attachments

• IMG_0757.JPG
    IMG_0757.JPG
    303.5 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0758.JPG
    IMG_0758.JPG
    434.6 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_0759.JPG
    IMG_0759.JPG
    281.9 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_0761.JPG
    IMG_0761.JPG
    359.2 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG_0762.JPG
    IMG_0762.JPG
    302.4 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_0763.JPG
    IMG_0763.JPG
    385 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0764.JPG
    IMG_0764.JPG
    289.2 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_0765.JPG
    IMG_0765.JPG
    401.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    330.8 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    425.2 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_0768.JPG
    IMG_0768.JPG
    285.5 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0769.JPG
    IMG_0769.JPG
    302 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_0770.JPG
    IMG_0770.JPG
    520 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_0771.JPG
    IMG_0771.JPG
    506.9 KB · Views: 295
  • IMG_0772.JPG
    IMG_0772.JPG
    351.5 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0773.JPG
    IMG_0773.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 328
  • IMG_0774.JPG
    IMG_0774.JPG
    297 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    375.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0776.JPG
    IMG_0776.JPG
    358.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    305.7 KB · Views: 201
Ive had a chance to operate the mower / tractor combination for several days now. I`ve been over just about every acre of ground on the farm. No problems with the hitch. The HD kit is really worth it. I would highly recommend the upgrade to anyone operating a 5M series tractor.

One thing I really like, when you use the telescopic ends during hook-up, you know they are locked in place when they "snap" back in. Way better than the Standard Duty hitch.

It would benefit Deere and their future customers if they would simply make the HD hitch the standard hitch, in its current form, no mods or alterations necessary. This is definitely the system that should have been on the tractor from first.

/ John Deere 5075M hitch problem #58  
I have been going nuts over a year watching my right uplink assembly slipping down. JD 5075e. Recently purchased new spindle shaft & jokes to replace. Can't do that because tractor stays down with sensor problems.
After reading the forums I expect this change out will not resolve problem. Never get any work done. What can we do?