Price Check John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E

/ John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E #1  

Jlblake

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2030 Diesel
Hello All -

I am about to buy a new tractor. I still need to explore Kubota further but regarding JD, I'm looking at tractors with the large (3,600 lb) FEL, 6' cutter and 48" pallet forks. I am being told insurance is added to these prices and an origination fee will be added. Do the following prices seem decent with the above equipment:

1. 5045E - $33,770
2. 5055E - $38,270
3. 5065E - $40,870

These are all 4WD.

Thanks!

/ John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E #2  
there is a ton of low hour [under 200] of them for sale i would go for the power reverser - 12 speed not the standard shift 9 speed

/ John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E #3  
Not sure all the options on the 5000E tractors but: the transmission has two or three options. Would also agree pass on the 9 speed transmission. Third function, rear remotes? JD insurance is good.

/ John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E #4  
Frontier Forks & cutter or some other brand ? IMHO the other brands are more variable but better value if you chose well. Some cutters are more robust than Frontier.

Quick implement attach on the FEL. Deere has three options. Which are you choosing? Same for tires... lots of options.

My preference, telescopic draft links a must. Are they standard on new units now?

A good answer to your question needs more info to compare.

/ John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E
Thanks waycoolmarine and kthompson.

hosspuller - It's a Frontier RC2072 Lift-Type rotary cutter. Cost on it is $1,900. Forks are Frontier AP12F at $970.
FEL is 520M at $5,400. First tractor purchase. Thanks.

/ John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E #6  
i would buy forks from ebay shipped to your door about $600 and get the loader on the tractor thats a decent cutter i have had a few different ones i buy used ones under a grand [i do a lot of field mowing -last year 500+ acres ] the all break but replacement gear boxs are easy to install and cheap i like the r-4s

/ John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E #7  
JLBlake … You're looking at a wide range of machines. Consider your needs carefully. Don't over buy horsepower. The 5 series are very close together in capabilities. Power just means how fast you'll get over the ground. The new machines don't like to idle or short cycle. The DPF needs to reach temperature or it'll need to run a regen cycle. It's easier to work a lower horsepower engine hard.

I'm partial to Deere FEL on a Deere tractor, but will buy any brand of implement based on cost / features.

Thanks waycoolmarine and kthompson.

hosspuller - It's a Frontier RC2072 Lift-Type rotary cutter. Cost on it is $1,900. Forks are Frontier AP12F at $970.
FEL is 520M at $5,400. First tractor purchase. Thanks.

Thanks.

JLBlake … You're looking at a wide range of machines. Consider your needs carefully. Don't over buy horsepower. The 5 series are very close together in capabilities. Power just means how fast you'll get over the ground. The new machines don't like to idle or short cycle. The DPF needs to reach temperature or it'll need to run a regen cycle. It's easier to work a lower horsepower engine hard.

I'm partial to Deere FEL on a Deere tractor, but will buy any brand of implement based on cost / features.

Thanks. I keep coming back to the 5045E...it's $7k less. I don't really know exactly what I'll use the tractor for or how often. Looks like I'll cut 4X per year probably. I have trees to cut up and move. Some rocks to move around. Seems like the smaller one would be fine. I'll do some clearing but not much and mostly small yaupon type stuff. The cutting I have is relatively small stuff...I moved 3+ acres on my E180 last weekend. Tough decision but I'm afraid I'll regret if I buy too small.

/ John Deere 5045E, 5055E or 5065E #10  
Thanks. I keep coming back to the 5045E...it's $7k less. I don't really know exactly what I'll use the tractor for or how often. Looks like I'll cut 4X per year probably. I have trees to cut up and move. Some rocks to move around. Seems like the smaller one would be fine. I'll do some clearing but not much and mostly small yaupon type stuff. The cutting I have is relatively small stuff...I moved 3+ acres on my E180 last weekend. Tough decision but I'm afraid I'll regret if I buy too small.

The 5xxx you're considering are the same size frame. Difference is horsepower of engine and a few things like tire size, transmission, etc. Since you're considering a 5045, they're all open station right ? the 5045 is open station only. I did the same years ago. Bought a 5200 .. same frame as the 5300 & 5400. Has served well for 23 years.