Comparison John Deere 4052R vs 4066R

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R #21  
Well, I went with a 4066R....the 4052R was sold. Will being taking delivery of tractor next week.
Congratulations. We'll want pictures of course.:thumbsup:

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R
Tractor came in today. Here are some pictures. Will get some more once we get it set up and start using it.

Sorry for the side ways pics. Not sure why they are that way..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 1,989
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1,510
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,005.1 KB · Views: 1,209
   / John Deere 4052R vs 4066R #23  
Tractor came in today. Here are some pictures. Will get some more once we get it set up and start using it.

Sorry for the side ways pics. Not sure why they are that way..

Very nice. I don't know how to flip the pics upright. Did you run them through a service like photobucket? hat's how I get mine onto the board.
As you found that tractor on the lot somebody else chose the options when it was built. If you had ordered it from scratch would you have picked anything different? For example are those your preferred tires and rims for your primary job of brush hogging?

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R
Very nice. I don't know how to flip the pics upright. Did you run them through a service like photobucket? hat's how I get mine onto the board.
As you found that tractor on the lot somebody else chose the options when it was built. If you had ordered it from scratch would you have picked anything different? For example are those your preferred tires and rims for your primary job of brush hogging?

No, I like the tractor as is for I will do with it. For bush hog cutting, the R4 will be fine. We will also use it for seeding and running a rake.

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R #25  
I use the auto throttle most of the time on my 4520 cab and would think you will find that to be very convenient to have on the 4066R. Not sure that is available on the 4052. The 4066R should allow you to mow, till or blade a little faster than the 4052R, both can pull with a similar maximum tractive force. The larger issue to me is with the higher hp you can pull the same load about 30% faster. That can make a big difference in larger fields or jobs. Nebraska tests show the prior 4720 66hp model to produce 58 pto hp.

So many people do not seem to realize this or care apparently. :( Their response is always that the smaller HP tractor will do the same job. I suppose for those that have a lot of time to get things done that is fine, not so much for many of us though. ;)

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R #26  
So many people do not seem to realize this or care apparently. :( Their response is always that the smaller HP tractor will do the same job. I suppose for those that have a lot of time to get things done that is fine, not so much for many of us though. ;)

That's it, where were you guys when I was arguing with Island last week on the Kioti forum who thinks we're all dopes for getting higher hp tractors than his 40hp?

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R #27  
That's it, where were you guys when I was arguing with Island last week on the Kioti forum who thinks we're all dopes for getting higher hp tractors than his 40hp?

Didn't see it, that I can remember. He and I don't see eye to eye very often anyway, so nothing new there. Sort of like why would anyone that is not in business buy a top of the line industrial quality implement? That is all that I try to buy, can't always do it, but I make the effort and I am only a weekender at best.

Everyone has a different philosophy, just the way it is, and a good thing at that. ;)

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R #28  
No, I like the tractor as is for I will do with it. For bush hog cutting, the R4 will be fine. We will also use it for seeding and running a rake.
Well I'm sure it can do all that, but I was talking about the whole tractor, and only used the tires as a possible example. Keep us updated about how you like or dislike the features you have on your new tractor . Both big things and small ones matter when you have to live with them each day. I don't know if any issues exist with this model so would like to hear the input from a real owner both plus and minus.
But again enjoy your new tractor and show us some pics of your projects.

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R #29  
Well I'm sure it can do all that, but I was talking about the whole tractor, and only used the tires as a possible example. Keep us updated about how you like or dislike the features you have on your new tractor . Both big things and small ones matter when you have to live with them each day. I don't know if any issues exist with this model so would like to hear the input from a real owner both plus and minus.
But again enjoy your new tractor and show us some pics of your projects.

/ John Deere 4052R vs 4066R #30  

Yeah, I get tired of the "you will run out of traction before you run out of power" thing. It seems those people forget that a tractor has a PTO in addition to a drawbar.