John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #51  
IMHO testing pressure is the only accurate method to know correct # of shims required. Parts catalogs have been known to contain incorrect information.

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #52  
IMHO testing pressure is the only accurate method to know correct # of shims required. Parts catalogs have been known to contain incorrect information.
Agreed
For my 2030, TM states adjust to 1700-1800psi. I have never checked mine.

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #53  
Thanks guys for your help, I'm going to the field tomorrow and let you know what and how it works

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #54  
Agreed
For my 2030, TM states adjust to 1700-1800psi. I have never checked mine.
Technically if operating a hyd function other than steering doesn't affect the steering wheel operation then there's no real need to check pressure at flow control valve because flow control(priority) valve is operating as designed

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #55  
hello, I'm looking for an opinion. jd 1640 has the same problem, but there are metal particles in the oil

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #56  
Welcome to TBN
What is the quantity of metal particles? Most common cause for metal filings in hyd oil is failed brake pads/linings. I suggest to remove rear axle housings for a visual inspection of brakes.

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #57  
And check if the brakepedals pivot shaft is not rusted and can not return ! Aswell that the brakepedals is adjusted correctly.

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #58  
Welcome to TBN
What is the quantity of metal particles? Most common cause for metal filings in hyd oil is failed brake pads/linings. I suggest to remove rear axle housings for a visual inspection of brakes.
The amount of particles is dense, I noticed it when I cleaned the filter.

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #59  
And check if the brakepedals pivot shaft is not rusted and can not return ! Aswell that the brakepedals is adjusted correctly.
for a brake pedal to function, you have to push it immediately in a second, and maybe that's the reason.

/ John Deere 1640 Strange Hydraulic Problem #60  
That is one simtone of dirt under that side brake. Replace both valves in the brakemaster. But we are seaching for the cause of dirty filter.