John Deere 146 loader

/ John Deere 146 loader #1  

W Brittain

Tractor
John Deere 2240
Installing a loader on a JD 2240 it has no rear remotes trying to figure out where I need to tie into the high pressure side so my hydraulics. Im clueless.

/ John Deere 146 loader #2  
Installing a loader on a JD 2240 it has no rear remotes trying to figure out where I need to tie into the high pressure side so my hydraulics. Im clueless.
Under your righthand floorboard is a valve bolted to the casing with 3 bolts( priorityvalve)
It has a plug in it and a 7/8 spanner fits on it. Remove plug and fit a closecenter controlevalve to it to opperate your FEL.

/ John Deere 146 loader #3  
Under your righthand floorboard is a valve bolted to the casing with 3 bolts( priorityvalve)
It has a plug in it and a 7/8 spanner fits on it. Remove plug and fit a closecenter controlevalve to it to opperate your FEL.
Pressure oil from there

/ John Deere 146 loader #4  
Pressure oil from there 1544329487581.jpeg

/ John Deere 146 loader #8  
Although I agree with DLTTrekkers returning oil to a hyd filter ported cover is a better choice for faster hyd response time. Cover part # is L55982

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    37.1 KB · Views: 64
   / John Deere 146 loader #9  
Although I agree with DLTTrekkers returning oil to a hyd filter ported cover is a better choice for faster hyd response time. Cover part # is L55982
If your area is already developed then return can go in at the hydraulicfilter housing.I prefer it at the top (on oillines sticking out under the tractor)

/ John Deere 146 loader #10  
If your area is already developed then return can go in at the hydraulicfilter housing.I prefer it at the top (on oillines sticking out under the tractor)

The filter cover return is preferable from the perspective of loader performance and maximum hydraulic flow. The return flow from the loader is added to the transmission pump flow and ensures the main pump will not cavitate. Returning to tank requires all main pump flow to originate from the transmission pump which is substantially lower in gpm.