JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM

/ JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM #1  

JR61

Tractor
5085M
Good morning, I have a 5065E JD which slips into neutral while operating. 2018 model with power reverser transmission. The transmission gear lights up along with Neutral. I can put the reverser in neutral and let sit for a few seconds, long enough for the gear light to go off and it starts back working. May do this 2 or 3 times in an hour, may not do for 2 or 3 hours. Any help appreciated.

/ JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM #2  
Good morning, I have a 5065E JD which slips into neutral while operating. 2018 model with power reverser transmission. The transmission gear lights up along with Neutral. I can put the reverser in neutral and let sit for a few seconds, long enough for the gear light to go off and it starts back working. May do this 2 or 3 times in an hour, may not do for 2 or 3 hours. Any help appreciated.
The power reverser selector is electronic or was on my 5093E and it would do the same thing, once I took the steering wheel off and replaced it , it has never done it since, these are common to go bad in the E series tractors, but are an easy fix.

/ JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM
Thanks

/ JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM #4  
once I took the steering wheel off and replaced it

Just what did you replace?

/ JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM #5  
Just what did you replace?
The power reverser selector, it's electronic and has the selector handle on one end and a wiring harness coming out the other end. Does that make sense?

Showing code PTR 524173.02

just trying to make sure what i need to do before replacing anything.....thanks

/ JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM #7  
Showing code PTR 524173.02

just trying to make sure what i need to do before replacing anything.....thanks
I didn't and don't have a computer to hook up and read the code, I fixed mine which had the same symptoms as yours on the advice of a friend of mine who is a JD mechanic, so your problem may be something different than mine, but there is a history of these power reverser assemblies which are electronic failing. Have you googled the code? Just a thought.

I did, all I can find are sites wanting to sell me a diagnostic manual. thanks for your input, may try your fix and see if it works for me.

/ JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM #9  
I did, all I can find are sites wanting to sell me a diagnostic manual. thanks for your input, may try your fix and see if it works for me.
10-4 let us know if it works.

/ JD 5065E TRANSMISSION PROBLEM #10  
Did you get your tractor fixed yet? If so what did it turn out to be? Might be helpful information for someone else in the future.