Loader JD 5055e

/ JD 5055e #1  

kubota Karl

Tractor
kubota bx25d
Hi I bought a 73 acre farm that will be rented out for the first few years. I will need a utility tractor and found a used JD 5055e with loader that looks pretty nice. It looks heavy duty.
I will be doing snow removal, fencing( post holes),fel clean up, cut grass and run a manure spreader.
I was wondering if it could handle a cultivator or plow in the future.
Anyone have any thoughts?

/ JD 5055e #2  
Sure would handle both.. if you can find the cultivator and plow that fits.

/ JD 5055e #3  
Hi I bought a 73 acre farm that will be rented out for the first few years. I will need a utility tractor and found a used JD 5055e with loader that looks pretty nice. It looks heavy duty.
I will be doing snow removal, fencing( post holes),fel clean up, cut grass and run a manure spreader.
I was wondering if it could handle a cultivator or plow in the future.
Anyone have any thoughts?

Most 3pt equipment should fit...just remember you are looking for stuff size wise that was popular 50 years ago. 2wd or 4wd?

/ JD 5055e #4  
A lot of 3 point hitch implements cat 1 or 2 will work. Before you get a plow and cultivator, consider a rototiller. The 5055e has enough HP and weight to do most anything you will need on the 70 acres.

/ JD 5055e
Most 3pt equipment should fit...just remember you are looking for stuff size wise that was popular 50 years ago. 2wd or 4wd?

Hi 4 wheel drive 2012 no cab with standard transmission and bucket 170 hours looks really clean except sun damage on the hood and a dent in one bumper.
Tires Ag hardly worn.
Dealer is asking $27,500 canadian
Or $20,000 US.
I have hydrostatic on my kubota Bx25d but, i found standard transmission come easily enough.
I think for now mostly clean up, manure spreading, Snow blowing and cutting grass . Will be building fence moving equipment but not much field work for now.
I had just hoped that if needed i could move sone round bales and run a cultivator.
Lifting power on this tractor looks better than kubota mx series and i think a whole lot heavier.
Karl
Appreciate your thoughts

/ JD 5055e #6  
Sure it should handle the tasks you're asking for. What kind of transmission does it have? If it's a 9F/3R, they are cheap for a reason. No matter which gear you choose, either it's too slow or too fast.

/ JD 5055e
Thanks Bavarian. Had been using hst on my kubota Bx25d and kubota f3680.
I thought the standard should be more reliable, although no problems with hst yet. I thought the jd5055e was a little slow so it certainly warrants another test dive.

/ JD 5055e #8  
I'd offer $15K and see what they say, Sounds like they've had it awhile and probably motivated to move it. Get them to service it while they're at it.

The shuttle shift is a lower cost machine around $3k on a new machine with power reverser. just saying.

Good luck on the purchase.

/ JD 5055e #9  
Sure it should handle the tasks you're asking for. What kind of transmission does it have? If it's a 9F/3R, they are cheap for a reason. No matter which gear you choose, either it's too slow or too fast.

Unless you are haying...:) Depending on how high the field is when you cut with the haybine...any of these might work...A2-3,B1-2
Baling small squares, depending on the size of the windrow...any of these might work...A1-3...for 2nd/3rd cut...A2-3,B1-2

/ JD 5055e
Hi all thanks for all the comments. I ended up finding a JD 5075e 2015 with very low hours has a lot more upgrades with 12 forward and reverse i think it will be a better fit