JD 2010 PTO slippage

/ JD 2010 PTO slippage #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
2010 JD gas: The PTO will engage with the lever but quickly slips out. Can the pto gears and shafts be reached by removing the rear plate or is it more complex than that. My friend who traded me this tractor is a former MF dealer and is very familiar with the gears on the MF but never entered a JD. Any quick suggestions or warnings for one Pro and one amateur. Looking at the parts schematic, does not look like any clutch type mechanism.

Appreciate you help, as always.

DocRocky

/ JD 2010 PTO slippage #2  
You can adjust engagement by turning clevis(parts key #18). Which rear cover removal are you referring to. If a friend traded me a 2010 he wouldn't be classified a friend any longer. :)

Attachments

• T5280__________UN01JAN94.gif
    T5280__________UN01JAN94.gif
    24.1 KB · Views: 999
   / JD 2010 PTO slippage
Dear TxJim: Thank you for the information, he really is a good friend and is just trying to assist me. We were trying to get me into a simple medium tractor that had a slow or creeper speed so that I could use a 56" rototiller. I have an Oliver 880 but it's lowest speed is too fast for the tiller. I am only using it on about a 2-3 acre garden.

I spend a fair amount of time traveling the Texas back roads and I couldn't find Coyote Flats, Tx. I have done a fair amount of historical research up around Throckmorton and Albany searching for Camp Cooper which was Robert E. Lee's first assignment to the 2nd. Calvary before the Civil War. I have ment some very wonderful people up in that country.

Thanks Again
DocRocky

/ JD 2010 PTO slippage #4  
The rockshaft housing needs to be removed to access the pto clutch and linkage. Before removing the rockshaft housing, be sure to remove the top cover so you can disconnect the internal oil pressure line.

/ JD 2010 PTO slippage #5  
docrocky
Coyote Flats is a new town voted in on March,2010. About all you'll find is a newspaper article on it. 310 population with no city taxes. Fire and police protection are furnished by volunteer fire dept and Sheriffs dept. My neighbors did this to keep a neighboring town(Keene) from annexing them. I think the fat lady hasn't sung yet because there's not street/road maintenance dept.http://www.citypopulation.de/php/usa-census-texas.php?cityid=4817429

/ JD 2010 PTO slippage
Tx Jim : Small world, very close childhood friend just passed away from Waxahatchi and have another friend up in Hico.

Have a good Day Jim.