Is HVAC Cycling Too Often? (AC)

/ Is HVAC Cycling Too Often? (AC) #21  
Which is adjustable I hope you realize. Short cycling is usually indicative of low refrigerant level.
No. I'm actually new at this. I'm sure you'll be able to enlighten my on all the causes of short cycling. Including, but not limited to over sizing, improper adjusted TXV, bad TXV. air flow, etc,.
This is from 2020, so I didn't go back and read all the responses.

I don't know of any thermostats are adjustable to have a zero deg. swing

/ Is HVAC Cycling Too Often? (AC) #22  
No. I'm actually new at this. I'm sure you'll be able to enlighten my on all the causes of short cycling. Including, but not limited to over sizing, improper adjusted TXV, bad TXV. air flow, etc,.
This is from 2020, so I didn't go back and read all the responses.

I don't know of any thermostats are adjustable to have a zero deg. swing
A HVAC service tech will always tell you his pressures are off and give you his readings, BUT ask him what his airflow is and what his static pressure is, and all he'll ever say is "it's good".

HVAC service techs need to learn their A B C's. Airflow Before Charge

/ Is HVAC Cycling Too Often? (AC) #23  
Monitoring your electric bill is a smart move to track any significant changes in energy usage. Have you ever considered looking into certificate programs related to HVAC systems? Just a heads up, it takes up to 1 year for certificate programs, and they can provide valuable insights into system efficiency and troubleshooting techniques. Keep up the detective work on your HVAC setup, and I'm sure you'll uncover any issues in no time!

Last edited: