Any HVAC Experts On Board? Lennox?

/ Any HVAC Experts On Board? Lennox?
I get a phone call with an issue, and if I hear you have that t-stat on the wall that wasn't approved by the manufacturer, as long as you paid for it and are happy, great, saves me a trip and my problem is gone and it becomes yours in the future.

It sounds like you are alluding to some warranty issues due to the aftermarket controller. Would you care to share your thoughts?

/ Any HVAC Experts On Board? Lennox? #42  
It sounds like you are alluding to some warranty issues due to the aftermarket controller. Would you care to share your thoughts?
You've just given the manufacturer a loophole not to have to deal with you. However, what's odd is that for whatever reason this t-stat seemed to solve your legitimate complaint. If I would have gotten involved in this issue, I would want to know how and why this controller fixed your issue. That said, it sounds like Lennox didn't want to have anything to do with this issue, or at least give you a direct answer.

If something is wrong with the equipment and it's a legitmate issue which no one can explain, it would drive me bat crap crazy.

Thing is, sometimes it's impossible to tell without a jobsite inspection. BUT... that's what facetime is great for, service calls direct with the manufacturer or their technical reps.

That said, some mini split manufacturers do have the option of wiring in any 24V conventional t-stats to them.

Again, tell your installing contractor to deal with either Daikin, Fujitsu or Mitsubishi down the road. Much better contractor support IMO across the nation. All 3 have been in the game in the US very long, and they all do hands on factory training for the contractors, and all came from Japan. Ironcially enough, Daikin sooner or later will probably be the first to be able to claim "made in the US" with thier residential single phase mini splits.

Last edited:
The issue is that the remote supplied with the minisplit would only control the room temperature within a four to six degree range. The aftermarket remote will control the temperature within one degree. Its as simple as that.

It can be said that, with the inverter, the idea is to let the compressor "idle down" to control the temp and let it run all of the time. That sounds good in theory but it doesn't work in this case. I get that the 12K BTU is probably too large for this 168 sqft sunroom but it would seem that modulating down to 30% on a 100 degree ambient day would "tame it down".

/ Any HVAC Experts On Board? Lennox? #44  
The issue is that the remote supplied with the minisplit would only control the room temperature within a four to six degree range. The aftermarket remote will control the temperature within one degree. Its as simple as that.
If the issue was the remote, why not just replace the remote?

Most mini splits have engineering data which include design outside air vs inside air, design temp along with minimum heating and cooling performance and at what outside air vs what you should expect for inside cooling and heating. I would agree with your last comment which I didn't quote.

Last edited:
You don't seem to understand that the Lennox supplied controller isn't capable of the needed precision. That's why I replaced it with a 3rd party smart controller.

/ Any HVAC Experts On Board? Lennox? #48  
It sounds like you've been dealing with quite the HVAC puzzle. Figuring out why certain equipment behaves the way it does can be frustrating, especially when the manufacturer's response doesn't provide much clarity. In my experience, having a direct line of communication with the manufacturer or their technical reps can make all the difference in resolving issues effectively.
When it comes to HVAC work, I usually reach out to Bucks County Fuel in my area. They've been a reliable source of expertise and support whenever I've needed assistance. Hope you can get to the bottom of your HVAC mystery soon!