Inverted snow blower

/ Inverted snow blower #1  

RoyJackson

Rest in Peace
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
I have an older Frontier (Deere brand) 3PH blower...push type.
I'd love to trade this for an inverted blower...since I'm not doing commercial work, a Meteor or even an Agri-Fab, should do the job.
So, how about some reviews and prices?

/ Inverted snow blower #2  
I always wanted to try one of these, but with the amount of snow we get, I'd likely get stuck, even with a large 4wd tractor running AG tires. Plus, I can see the snow getting so compacted it won't be funny.

I guess if you kept on top of the snowfall, then it might work, but still. I doubt it would work on 2-3'+ of snow.

Reminds me of a box blade snow blower.

/ Inverted snow blower #3  
Hello Roy,

you may want to contact a lucknow dealer in Vermont and ask how much a front mount
3 point conversion kit for your mule would cost compared to a pull rear
mount snow blower.

/ Inverted snow blower #4  
They work well. Neighbors all around me have them. They are expensive. Really worth it if you have a long drive. My neighbor has a mk Martin meteor, their driveway is at least a 1/2-3/4 of a mile long. A little longer to his barn. Never seen them have an issue getting stuck. I guess it depends on the tractor. They have a NH without chains. Issue is tight spaces and cleanup. Up against a structure needs to be cleaned up with the fel or something. My driveway is short, 600 feet, so not worth the double in cost for me. Rear facing blower is good enough for me. I Will be very happy to have a cab for the first time this winter…

/ Inverted snow blower #5  
05791853-650E-44D3-A320-5F3649E13827.jpeg

Older picture as it has R14’s on it now.
Best $10K I ever spent. Tractor not included. Largest snowfall has been just about 2 feet.

A Fisher plow would be less coin but then I’m beating up my truck and I’d have to push it back over 50 feet to be sure I have enough room for the season.
The JD doesn’t even know it’s back there.

If I was expecting a major snow storm I’d just go out 2 or three times. Just like in a truck... Move snow with the storm.

/ Inverted snow blower #6  
IMG_3553.jpg

You've seen this one before, but I have a plain jane MK Martin Meteor SB68 P/T, works great and is quality built. Off course Normand and Pronovost are top of the line. I paid $5k for mine in late 2020.

Last edited:
   / Inverted snow blower
View attachment 767969

You've seen this one before, but I have a plain jane MK Martin Meteor SB68 P/T, works great and is quality built. Off course Normand and Pronovost are top of the line.
Normand and Pronovost are top of the line, but for a homeowner's use, a Meteor is a much more practical choice.
I priced a Meteor 78" inverted with the hydraulic chute and deflector, as well as a hydraulic backdrag. It was more than $11K. Reckon the ol' Frontier is good for a few more years...

Last edited:
   / Inverted snow blower #8  
View attachment 767969

You've seen this one before, but I have a plain jane MK Martin Meteor SB68 P/T, works great and is quality built. Off course Normand and Pronovost are top of the line. I paid $5k for mine in late 2020.
Normand and Pronovost are top of the line, but for a homeowner's use, a Meteor is a much more practical choice.
I priced a Meteor 78" inverted with the hydraulic chute and deflector, as well as a hydraulic backdrag. It was more than $11K. Reckon the ol' Frontier is good for a few more years...
Yeah the hydraulic back drag adds a bunch as do the hybrid "Cats Meow" versions. I am chomping at the bit just to receive my WIFO Inverted.
I could only find 3 videos of this brand, but I mainly bought off of the specs and for the basic 84 inch units, thought it was fairly priced and at 1200 lb. "should" be sturdy .
We will see

/ Inverted snow blower #9  
So, the base machine isn't that terrible. The back drag adds about $2,600? Do you really need that?

1666831965077.png