International b275

/ International b275 #1  

Davina61

Tractor
International b275
Hi All

Anyone experienced gear lever stuck or jammed in 3/4 gear was in neutral or so I thought when I got out of the cab, it also stalls when I engage the clutch which means its possibly in 4th

Also how difficult is it to remove the gear stick lever ie attempt myself ?

Danny:licking:

/ International b275 #2  
:welcome:

Welcome to the forum!

I'm going to move your thread over to "other tractors" section to see if we can find you an answer :)

/ International b275 #3  
:welcome:
To the TBN forum Danny. Glad that you joined and you can get any questioned answered here.

/ International b275 #4  
Not real familiar with the b line of models, but if the shifter is in the center, remove the trans. top and probably the shift rails have jumped track ,OR a shift fork has come loose/broke.
If it has the side shifter like the 574 has, I would have to look that one up!! I have a 574 gas tractor, but have never had any problems with it.
See if you can post a pic. of your set-up and we go from there!---amd WELCOME to the forum! sonny

/ International b275 #5  
There is a pivotpoint on the gearlever with a pin and 2 plugs covering that pin. Remove those plugs by drilling a hole in it and them pray it out. Hit on the pin and remove the other plug. Now remove that pivotpin and the gearlever. Look inside and reline all gaps on all selectorforks. Reinstall all and test tractor by feeling for a click as it goes in every gear. If some goes easy in gear the detent spring can be broken and must be replaced.

/ International b275 #6  
To replace detentsprings...remove seat and 3pointhousing....remove gearshiftcover....mark all shifterforks and plates....now remove the 2 straps holding the forks and plates in . You will see the detentballs and springs. Replace all.
Now for the very trobbeling job...to hook-up all the forks with its on slots in the gears. If your lucky it will take you about 5 times to get it right !
To test I put it in 1st and rock the tractor...if it stuck ...I put it in neutral and if it came out ....1st is ok.....now for 2nd....and so on.....

/ International b275 #7  
20180228_101214.jpg