Insurance for tractors.

/ Insurance for tractors. #1  

prometheus303

Bronze Member
Tractor
Branson 2515R
Want to find out if anybody has experience getting insurance tractor? One dealer says it'll be about $25 a month to ensure the tractor. But the tractor I'm interested the dealer does not provide insurance. So I'm looking for independent insurance agent that can insure my tractor. So I was looking for insurance companies that will insure tractors.

/ Insurance for tractors. #2  
My tractor and implements are covered thru my homeowners policy. But only when used on my property. I never use "off property" so, for me, it's no problem.

/ Insurance for tractors. #3  
What are you trying to insure it for, or against?

Basic fire, theft or loss due to storm damnage should be under your homeowner's or farm/property policies. You may have to declare it though as a separate line item. That should cover it on your own property.

Taking it off your property for other than transport to a dealer for service, or using it for business is another matter. Liability for damaging something during use of it is something else.

And none of that will cover mechanical issues or accidental/collision damage even if you run into a tree on your own property.

/ Insurance for tractors. #4  
I insure mine because I move it between properties. without looking it up somewhere near $600.00. I have to list every attachment that might be on it even though I can't have them all on it at the same time.

/ Insurance for tractors. #5  
I would start by discussing it with your agent for home and/or auto. We have an umbrella policy that was pretty cheap to cover the property and liability. Ours is also just on our land. No commercial usage. Transport MAY be covered by your auto insurance.

/ Insurance for tractors. #6  
My agent put mine as a separate policy, under the package which includes my house and auto policies.

She handles several companies, and being rural, does quite a few policies with farmers and implements. So, she has migrated to the companies that meet the rural needs. Grainge and Farm Bureau, mostly. But has Progressive for some things like my tiny truck which the others don’t like.

/ Insurance for tractors.
80% of the time it will be on my own property. I do have 1,500 feet unmaintained County Road. From time to time I'll do work on. But don't plan on any commercial work.
What are you trying to insure it for, or against?

Basic fire, theft or loss due to storm damnage should be under your homeowner's or farm/property policies. You may have to declare it though as a separate line item. That should cover it on your own property.

Taking it off your property for other than transport to a dealer for service, or using it for business is another matter. Liability for damaging something during use of it is something else.

And none of that will cover mechanical issues or accidental/collision damage even if you run into a tree on your own property.

/ Insurance for tractors. #8  
Want to find out if anybody has experience getting insurance tractor? One dealer says it'll be about $25 a month to ensure the tractor. But the tractor I'm interested the dealer does not provide insurance. So I'm looking for independent insurance agent that can insure my tractor. So I was looking for insurance companies that will insure tractors.
My tractor is insured with my local insurance companies with all my other vehicle and house ... I only took fire and theft for the tractor.

/ Insurance for tractors. #9  
Ask your agent for a Marine policy and give them tractor serial number, they should write a separate policy and send to finance co.

/ Insurance for tractors. #10  
Tractor and skid steer are insured through American Family. Written separately from my homeowners similar to my auto policies with them. Covers use anywhere I go, liability, damage to other property etc.