Installing mobile home skirting

/ Installing mobile home skirting #11  
If you are even moderately handy and have the time, go for it. It's not a hard or complicated job.

/ Installing mobile home skirting #12  
Do you folks with the skirting consider insulating the inside of it, or do you not bother ?

/ Installing mobile home skirting #13  
Insulation plays a crucial role in enhancing energy efficiency by minimizing heat loss in colder climates and reducing heat gain in warmer climates. Additionally, I believe skirting boards are perfect for completing the overall design concept and providing additional aesthetic appeal.

Last edited:
   / Installing mobile home skirting #14  
Around here - lots of folks use bales of straw. Cheap, good insulation value, simple installation, easy to repair. NOT allowed in most mobile home parks. Looks rather "honkey" and does increase the concern regarding fires.

/ Installing mobile home skirting #15  
What do you think about MDF skirting for mobile homes? Isn't it too insecure?

/ Installing mobile home skirting #16  
I'm on a slab and built a knee wall with conventional techniques and then plywood ....... and finally vinyl siding from top to bottom.
No insulation but the flooring insulation is so inadequate in mobile homes that the temperature below stays around 40 degrees even when at zero outside. ( remote thermometers are a good investment )

After 40 plus years my best advice ...... DO NOT put your money in a mobile home. They are a very bad investment and generally a pain to maintain.

/ Installing mobile home skirting #17  
If you are in a cold area insulate the skirting then
cover the sides and floor with heavy plastic and your
floors will be nice and warm when it gets cold and no moisture wll bother the bottom of your mobile home.

Also you have a metal roof to keep the heat out/in get this silver stuff for mobile home roofs or if you have a reg house roof make sure you have plenty of insulation to save money.

willy