Input on a Mahindra 2555CL Shuttle

/ Input on a Mahindra 2555CL Shuttle #1  

Freedom Tide

Tractor
Ford 2910
Hi All, New to posting on the forum, not reading, also not new to tractors in general. I have a Ford 2910 which is a tank and I plan on keeping long term, however I have an opportunity to purchase a 2017 Mahindra 2555CL shuttle with 200ish hours for what feels like a very good deal. The 2555 is roughly 30 years newer than my 2910 and this will be my first Mahindra. I do have a call into my mechanic to look things over for me, but for owners of this tractor and similar models, are there specific things I need to look for on this model prior to committing to purchase? I have searched the forum and have found some scary stuff with the HST models and some other issues in general, but honestly compared to how of these are in the workforce, it does not seem too bad? 🤷🏻‍♂️ Any guidance for a Mahindra newbe is appreciated!

/ Input on a Mahindra 2555CL Shuttle #2  
I do not have the tractor you are looking at. But I feel as though I can speak to Mahindra "conventional" gear drive tractors reliability. I have a M85 bought new with 750 hours on it now. Plow disc seed rototill harvest hay and keep the yard open in the winter. I will not lie and say it has been trouble free because it hasn't. But I will say that it has never let me down/completely quit. The problems have been minor in nature ,a sensor on the transmission with an annoying beeping ,a fuel leak ,tilt steering wheel adjuster [these on warranty] and lately a low power to TPS so a broken wire needs to be chased down. Those with only 1 costly [1600CAD] TPS repair off warranty. Considering that this was the cheapest tractor I could find that fit the bill of needs and all the wants I had it has done very well in my opinion. If memory serves what you are buying with that 2555 has engine DNA that runs back to the International 40hp tractors built around the time your 2910 was still being made. IMO hard to go wrong with a basic design that has been in production that long

/ Input on a Mahindra 2555CL Shuttle #3  
I have the 2555 shuttle and with very few exceptions have very positive things to say about it. The small things I wish were better are: 1) poor vision line to FEL - but IMO this is inherent to most cab models. 2) as compared to the 2655 the 2555 (TYM Model) is lacking the 2nd rear remote and draft control (at least when I was looking, but now it looks like it doesn't come with a 2nd), 3) I've had an issue with hydraulic lines vibrating open - especially the ones under the cab - and losing hydraulic fluid. I've since fixed this with a single drop of loctite, but something to check. Finally, and again IMO this is inherent to cab tractors, it is noisy inside the cab. I've replaced the stock radio with one that I could attach a BT transmitter to so I can wear sound cancelling headphones - can still hear problems, but engine noise is really reduced.

Overall, I'm very happy with the 2555, the dealer gave me a much better deal on it than he would on the 2655.

Last edited:
   / Input on a Mahindra 2555CL Shuttle #4  
I work at a Mahindra dealership. Have driven many models on the lot.
The 2000 numbered line Mahindra puts their name to, are the most comfortable to manipulate in my mind.

/ Input on a Mahindra 2555CL Shuttle #5  
I have 2 mahindras . An04 2810 with over 1100 hrs and a 2538 with 500 hrs , Both are great tractors with only minor issues , I have had to replace the pto shaft seal on both, An easy job. I would buy another one if i could afford it . The new 5155

/ Input on a Mahindra 2555CL Shuttle #6  
I have a 3 year old 2538 with 1150 hours. Except for some easily fixed hydraulic hose leaks it has been bullet proof. No turbo, all displacement. One negative, it's the first tractor I have owned that I ware ear plugs when brush hogging. It's pretty loud.