What is going on with Mahindra quality?

/ What is going on with Mahindra quality? #1  

SonnieP

Silver Member
Tractor
See my signature in post.
Or have I just struck gold with a run of bad luck?

I posted that my 2005 6500 burned up back last June, and I was looking at a 2021 6065 with only 130 hours and ended up buying it. I have had one thing after another go wrong with it. Several leaks of one kind or another and various parts needing to be replaced. After the third trip back to the dealer I told him to give me my money back and I'd buy a new one.

Well... he did just that, and I picked up a new 6075. Got it home, and the seat would not stay aired up more than 2-3 minutes, the frontend loader would not lift a load more than 2ft off the ground, it had two leaks coming from above the fuel tank, and I had to jump it off the last two times I got ready to use it. I was thinking I must be jinxed.

The dealer brought me another tractor, a fairly new 6065, and picked the new one up. The tractor he brought to replace it wouldn't stay running... kept quitting... finally quit for good in the middle of the field. The dealer sent his shop tech out to our house to check it out, and they ended up having to load it up and take it back to the shop.

He finally brought my new tractor back, and today I was using it, and the grader on the rear got stuck in the lowered position and would not raise. I finally shut it off and decided to crank it back up, and once I did, it raised on up as it should. Did not have any further issues with it. However, I noticed the frontend loader's control lever is jerky and not smooth like my previous tractor. If I try to move it just a little, it moves a lot with a good jerk. If I need to move the bucket down a couple of inches, it moves 6-8 inches. I'm pretty sure it shouldn't be like this, so I suppose it will need to go into the shop again.

It about makes me want to just give up on Mahindra. My first tractor of almost 20 years was nearly issue-free, but I've no doubt had some bad luck with several of the newer models.

/ What is going on with Mahindra quality? #2  
Seems to be plenty of happy Mahindra owners. I’ve never owned or operated one, stopped by local dealer a couple times when I was looking to buy but they didn’t seem to have anything I was interested in. They seemed very uninterested in even talking to me so I figured any after sale service wouldn’t be any better, The LS dealer I wound up buying from has been excellent.

Last edited:
   / What is going on with Mahindra quality? #3  
I’ve got 1 sitting in my yard RIGHT NOW.. very low hrs..
RPM’s drop 1000 at the slightest incline and blows smoke..
It autta be fun, just by the look under the hood.. half the engine has to come apart just to see anything.!!

/ What is going on with Mahindra quality? #4  
It’s always been developing country garbage. I don’t think anything is “going on”.

/ What is going on with Mahindra quality? #5  

/ What is going on with Mahindra quality? #6  
The machine tools that won WW2 right there !