Injector leak

/ Injector leak #1  

Brady D

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910, Case farmall 95, John Deere 317g
Ever since I had the fuel filter changed the 3rd injector has been leaking fuel out of the bolt that holds the fuel line to the injector. I have it as tight as it will go and it still has a slight leak how can I stop the leak? Would the plumbing thread tape work?

Attachments

• IMG_9072.jpeg
    IMG_9072.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 57
   / Injector leak #2  
I don’t think i would use anything like that. Just take it back off make sure it’s clean, and keep your fingers crossed

/ Injector leak #3  
Are you sure it’s the injector line leaking and not that return line? Thread sealer won’t help a flare fittings. Take it back apart and make sure the seating surfaces are clean and free of damage.

/ Injector leak #4  
Ever since I had the fuel filter changed the 3rd injector has been leaking fuel out of the bolt that holds the fuel line to the injector. I have it as tight as it will go and it still has a slight leak how can I stop the leak? Would the plumbing thread tape work?
There is no bolt there. Are you referring to the nut on the injector line itself? If so, and you think it's as tight as it will go, then do this. Loosen it back up. Jam it down tight. Loosen it again and jam it again. You will see the wrench will go a little bit further the second time than it did the first time. Do that three or four times, then start it back up and see if that helps.

/ Injector leak
There is no bolt there. Are you referring to the nut on the injector line itself? If so, and you think it's as tight as it will go, then do this. Loosen it back up. Jam it down tight. Loosen it again and jam it again. You will see the wrench will go a little bit further the second time than it did the first time. Do that three or four times, then start it back up and see if that helps.
Yes I meant the nut

/ Injector leak
Are you sure it’s the injector line leaking and not that return line? Thread sealer won’t help a flare fittings. Take it back apart and make sure the seating surfaces are clean and free of damage.
Not the return line replaced them recently and they have worked flawlessly

/ Injector leak #7  
Chances are you have it seating slightly out of line of where it has worn in for the past 20 years or so. Harry's suggestion should do the trick.

/ Injector leak
When you say loosen it do you mean to completely loosen or just back it off a few turns?