Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #281  
Note that Rhino is a factory that makes and sells its own machines, while HighTop is a reseller. It is hard to tell who makes and who just sells. SDH used to make some of the machines for HT. All of them seem to allow any buyer to specify the name or brand on the units. I have heard that even Sany makes some units for others, but I have not verified that.

Our monthly local auction (Sacramento) has 3 different re-branded new Chinese mini-excavators right now: Cougar, Stag, and Sunward, 1T, 2T, 2.6T, and 3.5T. Dunno who makes each.

I have sent folks who have bought Chinese minis to this thread to share tech details, including repairs and improvements. People who import a container and sell them often neglect the technical support side of this effort. Utube is perhaps where you are going to find most online analysis of these machines right now.

Interesting about Rhino making their own. I have just started to see some of those on the market. I‘ll do a little more research on those.

It seems the Sunward and Sany are priced high enough that I would just pay a few thousand more to buy one of the big names.

I know pretty much next to nothing about tractors and equipment. I’m a recently retired boat captain and just bought 30 acres. I’m in the studying phase right now.

This thread has been a great help!

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
Just as with tractors, being somewhat self-sufficient on maintenance and even some repairs is important. It is not easy to haul large machines to a service company, or to find good help who will do house calls.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #283  
Hello!! I am currently in talks for a HT08 delivered to my door for just shy of $7000.
Including a trailer, grabber and auger.
Thoughts?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #284  
Hello!! I am currently in talks for a HT08 delivered to my door for just shy of $7000.
Thoughts?

That sounds like a good price, especially with the extras.

Thoughts?
Where?

Note that the usual accessories include: rake, mechanical thumb, hydraulic breaker, auger, ripper, mechanical grapple, and several bucket sizes. Less common is a quick-attach mech for the dipper. I have tried out all but the QA and trailer. Rake and grapple not good. Trailer is off-road only (no suspension).

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #286  
I emailed for a price on a 3 ton Rhino, open cab.

Not that I would buy one, but i was curious.

Price quote came back at $45k. Almost made me spit my coffee out.

And I don’t even drink coffee.

I emailed for a price on a 3 ton Rhino, open cab.

Not that I would buy one, but i was curious.

Price quote came back at $45k.
I just checked the Xiniu pages on Alibaba and their new XN28 mini-X is listed at $17,800 for one unit, FOB Qingdao. With US tariffs and shipping costs, I would guess you are looking at $25K or so to a US port. Yanmar powered. Full cab.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #288  
Thoughts?
Update,
Ht08
Auger
Quick hitch
200mm narrow bucket
500mm plain bucket
Hydraulic thumb
Boom swing
To my door $7000

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #289  
Do these prices you people are quoting include insurance for unloading at sea, like the Ever Forward which they are unloading in Chesapeake Bay?
linky
That can't be cheap.

/edit
And after further reading at that link it looks like shipping out of Shanghai may become iffy due to C19.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #290  
I just got quoted on a high top 1 ton unit at $3700 for the excavator and $635 for shipping to my city. How much more cost should I expect with tariffs or import broker, etc?