I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #171  
What I don't understand about AGCO is Allis Chalmers had a very strong and extremely loyal following. As did Massey Ferguson up here in my part of Canada.
Yet they dump the orange and the Allis name, and barley promote Massey any more at all but they are more than happy to sell us NORTH AMERICANS a green German tractor????
Thankfully they have left Gleaner alone....so far.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #172  
You know, there is an alternative orange... 😂

I'm not into Kioti either. The TYM and Bransons I have seen look pretty good at a moderate price point. The older Allis tractors are OK to me but, I'm still partial to the Perkins-engined Masseys of that era.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #173  
That market is pretty tough and I don't think they would survive abandoning the Gleaner loyalty and brand recognition. In my day, Gleaners were the best combines made, at least for wheat where I lived and I bled green at the time!

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #174  
What I don't understand about AGCO is Allis Chalmers had a very strong and extremely loyal following. As did Massey Ferguson up here in my part of Canada.
Yet they dump the orange and the Allis name, and barley promote Massey any more at all but they are more than happy to sell us NORTH AMERICANS a green German tractor????
AGCO tractors were marketed towards the Allis crowd but everyone knew it was a rebadged Massey. I fear for the future of Massey tractors. Heck the larger ones have Fendt transmissions, axles and brake systems in them and have for almost 25 years. My Massey has a Fendt drivetrain. Smaller Masseys built everywhere except in NA. 10 years ago, my AGCO dealer would have 10 Masseys and 2 Fendts. Now its 10 Fendts and 2 Masseys.
Weird times.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #175  
AGCO tractors were marketed towards the Allis crowd but everyone knew it was a rebadged Massey. I fear for the future of Massey tractors. Heck the larger ones have Fendt transmissions, axles and brake systems in them and have for almost 25 years. My Massey has a Fendt drivetrain. Smaller Masseys built everywhere except in NA. 10 years ago, my AGCO dealer would have 10 Masseys and 2 Fendts. Now its 10 Fendts and 2 Masseys.
Weird times.

I think that varies depending on the region. In terms of Massey today, they are using great components and with a good dealer network, who am I to complain?

The Dyna transmission and that front-axle are simply awesome for my usage. So far, the engine has been gentle on the fuel bill too.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #176  
Weird times.

Meanwhile I have never seen a Fendt in person.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #177  
Meanwhile I have never seen a Fendt in person.

I had a Fendt dealer about 30 minutes away from me. They went out of business before COVID hit. Massey has 3 dealers within ~1 hour of me but, the smaller dealer is the one that earned my business and I will work with them to make sure they are around when Junior takes over.

Big Green and Kubota are dominant but, have lost a lot of market share with independent owner/operators. They seem to be dealing with corporations and leases mainly though so, that explains some of it IMHO.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #178  
I'm within an quick drive or obnoxious walking distance from my nearest Massey dealer, and they've been around longer than I have. They also sell Case IH and Yanmar, though they only keep the later and Massey in stock. It's been interesting seeing the change in their lineup, as they were a Cub Cadet utility tractor dealer prior to them bowing out of the market, and that's when they started building up an inventory of Yanmar.

All this time Massey has been their bread and butter, and I can't see that changing.

This is rural Maine though, we're not exactly a cross-section of middle-America.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #179  
I had a Fendt dealer about 30 minutes away from me. They went out of business before COVID hit. Massey has 3 dealers within ~1 hour of me but, the smaller dealer is the one that earned my business and I will work with them to make sure they are around when Junior takes over.

Big Green and Kubota are dominant but, have lost a lot of market share with independent owner/operators. They seem to be dealing with corporations and leases mainly though so, that explains some of it IMHO.
Massey & Fendt are both owned by AGCO. It’s strange that there would be one brand without the other.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #180  
I'm within an quick drive or obnoxious walking distance from my nearest Massey dealer, and they've been around longer than I have. They also sell Case IH and Yanmar, though they only keep the later and Massey in stock. It's been interesting seeing the change in their lineup, as they were a Cub Cadet utility tractor dealer prior to them bowing out of the market, and that's when they started building up an inventory of Yanmar.

All this time Massey has been their bread and butter, and I can't see that changing.

This is rural Maine though, we're not exactly a cross-section of middle-America.
Fendt is growing among farmers. They don’t build any compacts. They are the Mercedes Benz of tractors. I can’t afford them, but they do push attractive lease programs where everything is bundled into one payment including maintenance.
A 10 year old used 250HP Fendt with 10,000 hours will routinely sell for well over $100,000.