I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #151  
I doubt that strategy works anymore.
Yeh, I'm having a hard enough time selling the mower deck for my Massey, let alone the whole tractor. But maybe it's a regional thing, dunno.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #152  
Yeh, I'm having a hard enough time selling the mower deck for my Massey, let alone the whole tractor. But maybe it's a regional thing, dunno.

Unfortunately, there aren't that many options to mount your mower without a lot of expense to fab something up. Even Kuboto decks are a bit slow to move even with more popular models like the B-series. I would consider selling mine but, I won't see enough money to make it worth the effort or hassle. I much prefer the 3-pt mounted Landpride finish mower I have.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #153  
This reinforces in my mind the value of investing time and effort into learning how to repair and maintain your own machines. It allows you to keep things for far longer and potentially buy used or broken equipment for a much more reasonable price.
Having those skills has proven over and over to me at least that you can have a much higher standard of living than what your income would otherwise dictate
Been doing this my whole life. Once did a service call to the home of an NHL hockey player and heard his wife complaining all about the cost of everything that needed fixing. Came home to tell the wife that we lived in a much nicer house and it was paid for while we were living on 1/4 of the income.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #154  
I'm in the same camp of "keep the Kubota and buy a zero turn".
I have a 2010 GC2610TLB bought new, and then bought a Zero Turn because I knew I wouldn't be happy taking off the loader and hoe to cut the grass. I got a deal on a 54" machine after the original owner traded it for something bigger and it didn't cost much more than a mower attachment.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #155  
What model work master is involved? I’m considering a used wm 40 and like to have a baseline to compare. Thanks
Workmaster 50, 60, 70 series. Biggest difference in these three tractors is horsepower. Same engine just basically supplies more fuel to increase horsepower. Most people go with 70 series for maximum pto horsepower for hay baling.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #156  
Pumping trillions of dollars into the economy has its effects
Paying ridiculous prices causes inflation. Let them set on the lot for awhile unless you can pay the inflated price and still make money by doing it.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #157  
Have you seen the price of steel over the same time frame?

Think it was $170-ish per ton in 2005 and it's as high as $1,800-ish per ton now.
Where can we find such data?
Seems as if there must be a commodities market that tracks the bid/ask futures etc.

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #158  
Paying ridiculous prices causes inflation. Let them set on the lot for awhile unless you can pay the inflated price and still make money by doing it.
Not really. It has a small effect. Increasing the money supply increases inflation. Paying more for something increases prices on that thing and associated things, not generally the whole economy. Gas/diesel would be an exception, as almost everything is dependent on getting somewhere using fuel...even EVs. Another exception is wages (unless those increases are tied to increasing productivity).

/ I'm in shock... Kubota BX pricing #159  
Where can we find such data?
Seems as if there must be a commodities market that tracks the bid/ask futures etc.

The question is, how much raw material is used, and what that cost represents in terms of the total price?

Modern electronics contain some gold in many cases. However, the cost of an ounce of gold has almost no impact on the cost of that device because the amount used is extremely small.

The same can be said of most precious metals in a wide variety of product types.