ignition switch clicking- all by itself

/ ignition switch clicking- all by itself #1  

canadianstrom

Tractor
Kioti DS4510 HST, Kubota GR2100
I went to the garage this morning and heard clicking, fairly loud, every couple of seconds, tracked it down to the ignition of the kioti ds4510hs. I removed key , still kept doing it. I pulled the posititve battery terminal and it stopped.
I am assuming this is another bad ignition switch ( this is not original one, tractor is 2 1/1 yrs old, 180 hrs).
could it be anything else?
If it is the igniton switch is there any preventions? It is stored in a nice dry shop all winter, stays out a bit in the summer.

thanks for any ideas.

/ ignition switch clicking- all by itself #2  
In the older stop solenoid design, switching off the ignition triggers a relay/timer that applies power to the stop solenoid to stop the engine (by forcing the injection pump to the full off, zero fuel position). After a few seconds the timer relay is supposed to deenergize the stop solenoid. If this timer relay fails it can power the stop solenoid with the key off which will run down the battery and may damage the solenoid.

See: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-owning-operating/279158-kioti-dk35-wont-start-wont.html

Reconnect the battery and see of the stop solenoid is making the noise. If so, investigate the timer circuit for this solenoid.

/ ignition switch clicking- all by itself
Thanks Scott. I had found that thread but had missed the connection of the my issue with the issues in the other threads. I hope I can get this straightened out now.

/ ignition switch clicking- all by itself #4  
The circuit you are looking for, is the controlling module under the dash. I had to replace mine as it went bad. It also controls some of the panel lites/indications. Ended up puting the original solenoid back in and no problems since.

Tom

/ ignition switch clicking- all by itself
I was on the wrong track, it wasn't the ignition switch, the stop solenoid or its relay; it was the turn signal flasher. The turn switch had gotten turned (might have been the cat, nobody had been near the tractor for 2 weeks) to a position were it would make the flasher click but the light didn't light.
After playing with the switch a bit and hitting it with compressed air, it seemed to work reliably. I'm figuring if there was some corrosion/ pitting allowing a trickle of juice through to cause the click noise.