Ignition key

/ Ignition key #1  

esz

Tractor
Kubota L2550DT Kubota BX2200D Branson 2515H
Are newer Branson ignition keys universal? I think I should pick up a couple spares. When running my rear mount snow blower in reverse, I keep bending the key with my knee; probably not long before it breaks. I have the seat as far back as possible while still reaching the pedals. Any ideas on a solution?

/ Ignition key #2  
Sometimes there is a number stamped on the key that indicates what it's cut to? If not try your local hardware store to see if they stock matching blanks and can cut a few spares for you?

/ Ignition key #3  
A quick search on the old Google brought me this: https://www.amazon.com/Ignition-Branson-Tractors-mowers-198360-52160/dp/B093RB34Y3 There are plenty more sources out there.

I've hit mine somewhat gently a couple times too to the point the key has now a slight bend to it. I tend to hit the indicator switch more than I hit they though.

I know on the new updated 15 series they finally moved the ignition and the light switch to a more safe and logical place.

/ Ignition key #4  
Relocate the ignition switch to the right side of the main console area. There should be enough wire, there was on mine. No more chance of "bumping" the key with your knee.

/ Ignition key #5  
You can buy a dozen them on Ebay for a song

/ Ignition key
Relocate the ignition switch to the right side of the main console area. There should be enough wire, there was on mine. No more chance of "bumping" the key with your knee.

Thanks, good idea. I didn't know they had moved it. On my list when it gets warm.

/ Ignition key
You can buy a dozen them on Ebay for a song
Nice to know. The dealer phone quoted me $16.95-$28.95 per key. They can't tell which one I need until I bring mine in; not going to happen.

/ Ignition key #8  
Are newer Branson ignition keys universal? I think I should pick up a couple spares. When running my rear mount snow blower in reverse, I keep bending the key with my knee; probably not long before it breaks. I have the seat as far back as possible while still reaching the pedals. Any ideas on a solution?
Here is much easier solution, 10 minutes of work, much faster than driving to the dealer, and costs whooping $0.00 and you will not be able to brake it again
20221214_114940.jpg

/ Ignition key
Here is much easier solution, 10 minutes of work, much faster than driving to the dealer, and costs whooping $0.00 and you will not be able to brake it again View attachment 786070

Well, at least I am not the only one that has this problem. What did you do? Cut the head off and weld a couple pieces on?

/ Ignition key #10  
I have the same problem with my New Holland. I can't understand why the engineers who design the consoles lay them out with the ignition switch in exactly the wrong place.