If You Heat With Wood ....

/ If You Heat With Wood .... #31  
Almost forgot about one of my favorites, tossing a cast iron skillet on the mamabear stove and grilling a panini. Set the press on the sandwich, go do some work, flip it once and come back later and chow down. :thumbsup:

/ If You Heat With Wood ....
I think trying to do taters inside my cast iron stove would make an ash out of them.

/ If You Heat With Wood .... #34  
I think trying to do taters inside my cast iron stove would make an ash out of them.

Only if you forget about them :D. Try next to the door.

/ If You Heat With Wood .... #35  
One of the BIG advantages of heating with a wood stove was demonstrated again this morning. Power went off during the night - squawking smoke detectors work me up - and has been off for several hours so far. Called my neighbors to make sure it was the grid and not something at my place. They were sitting around wearing coats and covered with blankets (winter storm going on) and wondering how to take care of all the family members who showed up for Thanksgiving dinner. No power, no heat! I bet this spoils a lot of Thanksgiving dinners around here!

/ If You Heat With Wood .... #36  
One of the BIG advantages of heating with a wood stove was demonstrated again this morning. Power went off during the night - squawking smoke detectors work me up - and has been off for several hours so far. Called my neighbors to make sure it was the grid and not something at my place. They were sitting around wearing coats and covered with blankets (winter storm going on) and wondering how to take care of all the family members who showed up for Thanksgiving dinner. No power, no heat! I bet this spoils a lot of Thanksgiving dinners around here!

So are you cooking on the stove?

/ If You Heat With Wood .... #37  
You guys are making me taste good country bread toasted on a hot stove top.
We always simply tossed the bread onto the stove top and it sort of attained a slightly charred taste unlike a conventional toaster, but then maybe we are kinda nuts as we like our cauliflower slightly charred as well, it takes on a nice crispy flavor.

But those toasts, mmmmm (not wonder bread but country bakery style and preferably sourdough)

/ If You Heat With Wood .... #38  
Yesterday was brrr of day w/windchill factor setting in -8F for the day,once you enter house the wood heat feel great on these old bones...wood furnace purring now like new born kittens. :)

/ If You Heat With Wood ....
Chicken thighs on board now. It's been so warm, I haven't had to burn for quite a while. Cool down for a couple of weeks has me trying to get back in the swing of things.