Ideas for cannon ball extraction?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #91  
You're close
  1. Hone the bore
  2. Lubricate the bore
  3. Remove the cannon ball

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction?
Cylinder brake hone up to 2 3/4"

Yep, got one of those. (though mine is not wide enough) anyway, the issue isn't the diameter, it's the length. I'd need one that is say, 30" long (maybe not exact but the point is, most are only say, 10/12 inches so I'd not be able to reach my problem area)

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #93  
Yep, got one of those. (though mine is not wide enough) anyway, the issue isn't the diameter, it's the length. I'd need one that is say, 30" long (maybe not exact but the point is, most are only say, 10/12 inches so I'd not be able to reach my problem area)
yep, diy extension?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #95  
My dad had two cannons, a .54 and a 1.75 bore (I still have the .54). I can remember on several occasions with misfires we had to use an extractor (basically a metal rod with a lag screw welded on the end) to remove the ball. We only used lead balls with wads.
Basically just screw the rod into the ball and pull it out (it took a lot of pulling strength to get it out). But we always did this next day, never had a barrel with the kind of corrosion yours has. I think your on the right track since your able to move it a few inches now. Good luck

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #96  
PVC pipe glued to the ball, then even add shop vac to the pipe?

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #97  
Well shoot, just fill up behind the ball with Mexican food. That always seems to generate a lot of pressure! May have to puree it first, however.

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #98  
This is turning into another rounded off drain plug :oops:

/ Ideas for cannon ball extraction? #100  
Someone may have already suggested this but how about injecting expanding insulation foam behind the ball?
that's where I was headed with the thought :)