ID this ground scrape

/ ID this ground scrape #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
About 4 feet square. Scraped smoothly to bare ground. Litter mostly in a row at the lower side. About 30 feet above my driveway. We have most of the SW WA animals on trail camera, except elk and sasquatch.

There is a typical deer bed about 20 feet away. Have the deer been learning from the neighbor's excavator? I've been caring for this 7.5 acres for 40 years, and never saw this before.

Bruce

Last edited:
   / ID this ground scrape #2  
Litter in a row and 30 feet above a driveway unquestionably says squirrels did it. If litter was scattered and farther from a drive way it might be deer. Had a family of coons done it they would have left deposits in the center.

/ ID this ground scrape #3  
Bruce - do you have wild TURKEYS. They can and do raise real havoc with yard landscaping.

/ ID this ground scrape #4  
About 4 feet square. Scraped smoothly to bare ground. Litter mostly in a row at the lower side. About 30 feet above my driveway. We have most of the SW WA animals on trail camera, except elk and sasquatch.

There is a typical deer bed about 20 feet away. Have the deer been learning from the neighbor's excavator? I've been caring for this 7.5 acres for 40 years, and never saw this before.

Bruce
Sounds like I tried to back my car hauler trailer in somewhere without checking slope first. 🙃