ICQ Number

/ ICQ Number #1  

Harv

Elite Member
California - S.F. East Bay & Sierra foothills
Tractor
Kubota L2500DT Standard Transmission
Just to show you how trivial I can get --

As I surf the board I enjoy peeking at the members' profiles to see what part of the country they're in, what kind of equipment they have, etc. Pretty much what the profile is there for, I assume.

On each profile there is a space for "ICQ Number". The only person I have found so far who has this filled in is Muhammad. Is this because only certain people have such a number, or is it bacause, like me, nobody else knows what an ICQ number is?

I hope it's not one of those numbers used as a measure of our intelligence 'cuz if it is, my number will probably be a single digit. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ ICQ Number #2  
Harv, I've already forgotten what ICQ stands for, but if you do a search on the Internet, you'll find you can download the software free. It's another of the real time instant (or whatever they call it) chat deals, so if you log on you can see who else of your friends is on and send messages back and forth. I downloaded it and installed it a long time ago on the recommendation of a nephew, but then he and I were never on the Internet at the same time anyway, and I eventually dumped it.

Bird

/ ICQ Number #3  
Harv,
Heck I just learn how to turn this computer on last April. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

When it comes to computers..well that would be like clothes shopping for a woman./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I figure you be out putting some tractor time on,than spending time on the board. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ ICQ Number
Thomas -

If I had my 'druthers I would certainly be riding high on my nifty new tractor. But alas, my baby is 150 miles away waiting patiently for me to return.

I will generally get up to the property 2 or 3 times a month, usually on weekends. Right now I'm waiting for my next excuse -- if the culvert pipe I ordered comes in I feel duty-bound to make a special trip up there to receive it.

Wouldn't you? /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ ICQ Number #5  
Well, ICQ doesn't "stand" for anything really, just say it really fast. Hear it? No, not "icy queue". "I seek you".

It's an Instant Messanger (akin to AOL's Instant Messanger, owned by AOL as well) Muhammad has one, and it is a way someone could communicate outside the board. But with the amount of time most people spend on the board... ;)

You can download it from icq.com. It's very userfriendly.

-Ibrahim
(The Secret Coder Man)

/ ICQ Number #6  
Harv:

I have a ICQ Number. It is 7927022 and it is in my profile /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif. ICQ is used around the world by 77 Million people???/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif You can do instant chat, send files and programs to each other, automatic notification when one of your friends have logged onto the net, and its free. The web address is http://web.icq.com/

Bird: ICQ stands for "I SEEK YOU"=ICQ. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Hope this helps.

Chuck

/ ICQ Number
Bird, Ibrahim, ChuckP -

Thanks. I make my living on the internet and I had no idea what it meant. Sounds like a carryover from the old ham radio days. My neighbor was a ham and always started off with, "CQ, CQ, CQ...". Same thing?

As much time as I spend on the internet I've never had the urge to join a chat group. I think I'm afraid that one of those naughty vixen ladies would latch on to me and seduce me.

...when all she really wants is my tractor. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig.gif

/ ICQ Number #8  
To whom it may concern, ICQ has in the past caused havoc with certain computers. It has caused many hard drive crashes, and subsequent reloading that has irritated many 'ex' users, myself included. Many, many people have dropped it after one or two such experiences.
Note: This is just my own personal experience, but shared by many people.

/ ICQ Number #9  
I seem to have forgotten to log onto ICQ in.... hmm maybe a few months? I have been thinking of replacing the field with something else, maybe more popular. Any suggestions?

msig.gif

/ ICQ Number #10  
I have ICQ, AIM (AOL Instant Messenger) and MSN Net Messenger accounts. I use the Net Messenger more frequently lately, because you can make phone calls with it as well as have voice chats between computers. My daughter and son-in-law live in Canada and I have friends across the country, so it has saved on the long distance phone bills.

Pat