I think women would go extinct

/ I think women would go extinct #31  
I walked into my house yesterday. It was about 85*. Daughter had 8 upstairs windows open and the AC turned on. 😧
Then she offered to mow the lawn yesterday. I walked out of the room laughing to myself what a disaster that would be.
Nice of her to offer, but I wouldn’t let her so much as sit in the seat of anything I own.

Last edited:
   / I think women would go extinct #32  
Over the years I have taught my daughter how to operate the tractor and cut grass. She was never attentive enough to get the grass cut to my ocd standards.
She is great on machinery in general, and sent me a video of her operating a skid steer manipulating containers of compost into a truck.... It was awesome to see how she ran that machine!

/ I think women would go extinct #33  
It's a good thing women think different and are different - all is well as long as they need us for help sometimes.

Sounds like some of the guys here could perhaps focus little more on training & helping them regarding technical stuff like mowers, machinery, 4-wheel drives etc.

I think the reward is well worth it....

Just saying.

/ I think women would go extinct #34  
It's a good thing women think different and are different - all is well as long as they need us for help sometimes.

Sounds like some of the guys here could perhaps focus little more on training & helping them regarding technical stuff like mowers, machinery, 4-wheel drives etc.

I think the reward is well worth it....

Just saying.
I agree difference is good. I've had as much success training my wife on mechanical things as she's had training me on laundry.

/ I think women would go extinct #35  
Heresy - Some women just cant be taught things that are mechanical in nature. It took me 20 yrs to train my wife on how to coil a garden hose.

/ I think women would go extinct #36  
Heresy - Some women just cant be taught things that are mechanical in nature. It took me 20 yrs to train my wife on how to coil a garden hose.
WHAT is the secret?

/ I think women would go extinct #37  
Apparently my wife is the exception since she's an engine builder. She would rather rebuild a motor, carburetor, etc. than run a vacuum cleaner (although she's a great cook and cleans)...she just loves anything mechanical.
I never thought that was un-feminine and for a while had two drag cars. Together 51 years this year.

/ I think women would go extinct #38  
It's not just women, men have the same problem.

We all know guys who beat their equipment up. We had one neighbor who was the worst I've seen for that. His equipment was always broken. I could not bear to watch him run a chainsaw, he was so bad. And of course he would not accept any advise. This is being clueless but over-confident.

The other side of this are guys who are clueless but know it and stay away from anything involving tools. I'm sure some of them, like some women, just didn't get to do mechanical stuff when they were growing up. For that group it's not that they're inherently incapable, they just did not get the chance to learn.

I bet if you subtract the women who "can't" do mechanical stuff because when they were growing up society told them it wasn't ladylike so they avoided it, the number of mechanically clueless women would roughly equal the number of clueless men.

My wife and all the serious girlfriends I had before we met all had some amount of mechanical aptitude. My wife will change her own flat tire, in the rain, rather than call me to drive a few miles and do it.

/ I think women would go extinct #39  
As far as extinction goes, most of us guys are more likely to do stupid things that get us killed than would the women in our lives.

As for operating machines, my youngest (daughter) is the best of my 4 kids at driving a stick and I expect will be best on the tractor, too.