I messed up the impossible on my 2210

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #1  

wickman

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD2210
I may have accomplished the impossible on my 2210. I removed my 210 loader to mow. I don't remove my loader that much but I've done it successfully many times before without problem. I removed it successfully and mowed. It was very dark when I went to reinstall the loader and I guess I didn't get the masts lowered far enough down onto the mount points during the reinstall process so when I went to raise the front end to insert the locking pins I heard a bang. I didn't think too much at first but upon further inspection it appears that the masts popped off the correct position on the mounting points and are sitting above the points. See attached. Crazy thing is now I can't get the loader off to get it reinstalled correctly. The two feet that lower won't lower now because the masts won't pivot forward. Has anyone run into this before? It looks like I'm going to need a hoist or another loader to raise the masts manually and hopefully get the feet to lower a bit so I can back the tractor away from the loader and get the loader back into a position to reinstall. I can't believe i managed this one!

Attachments

• 704103-2210.jpg
    704103-2210.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,018
   / I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #2  
I have a few suggestions, but without actually knowing how hard the masts are wedged on the mounting points I will recommend that you call your dealer. I think in this case it is your best move before any serious damage is done.
Good luck,
Ken /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #3  
I guess you could try the dealer for help.
I think what I would do first, is drive up to a tree, and run a chain from the tree to the top of the mast on each side (protect the tree so the chain doesn't cut into the bark).
Make sure the chains are even.

Then back up, hopefully pulling the mast forward, enough to loosen the 'grip'.

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210
Thanks. the masts aren't wedged at this point. They are just resting there but won't rotate forward as the design would require.

Wickman

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #5  
Possibly the connecting pan that latches to the front weight bracket just needs some encouragement to drop down too. Be sure it is unlatched.
Just go careful.

(and be sure you are 'raising' the bucket to lower those front arms to the ground. it can be backwards to any intuition one has, but 'raising' the bucket will lower the support arms /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif don't ask me how I know please )

Last resort may be to loosen the stubs that are bolted to the tractor (might be impossible to reach them).

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #6  
Just a thought. If you raise the loader, the frame will tilt forward.

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #7  
could you rotate it back with a large pipe wrench

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #8  
Wickman,

If what you are describing is what I think it is...no big deal...grab two friends (no need to be Arnold look-alikes) and have them lift the loader up (you'll be surprised how easy it is). Anyway, between that and your joystick, back and forth on your hydro, you should be able to get things back in synch! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #9  
wickman,

Did you get is back on yet? If not, and not to contradict JDFanatic but;

</font><font color="blueclass=small">( <font color="blue">grab two friends (no need to be Arnold look-alikes) and have them lift the loader up (you'll be surprised how easy it is). Anyway, between that and your joystick, back and forth on your hydro, you should be able to get things back in synch!</font> )</font> /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If your two friends are holding on to anything on the CUT, or even near the masts or bucket when you work the SCV, I hope you have very good insurance, and their injuries are minor!

What you show in your picture is no big deal. Just work the SCV, and the Fwd/Rev slow and gentle, you'll find the movement that will lift the arms back up (so long as the latch has not dropped and pin is still in the removal, latch up, position).

Since I have very limited areas to drop my 410, it often gets dropped where it's not very flat. JD makes tough loaders, they'll take a bit of pushing and pulling, lifting and easing down, 'til you get the masts back on the support, properly. However, if you don't want any green scratched off, you may want to call the dealer.

IMO, tractors are tools, not toys, especially JD's. They are made to work, not wash, wax and show pictures of. Just go slow.

Just my opinion, and experience with the 4115 and 410.

Tom

/ I messed up the impossible on my 2210 #10  
wickman,

I certainly wouldn't blame you if you went as conservative a route as you deem reasonable. I tend to be a bit hard on my 4115, as shown /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

In any event, I hope you get it back on without mishap.

Tom

Attachments

• 704836-4_Big Stone in bucket 2.JPG
    704836-4_Big Stone in bucket 2.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 363