I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #11  
Our bigger tractor had one tire always going flat. Took it to the tire guy and he put a tube in it. Problem solved. Don't use slime or fix a flat.. your tire guy will hate you!

.Edit: just read your post again and see your tires going flat because of thorns. Yeah, slime might be your best bet.
You are so right. Slime is both flammable and a bit toxic. Slime is only good for 1 to 2 years.

Proble we have is too many of them nasty black locust thorned trees on our property and i get a flat everytime i mow etc...Is it good to foamfill the front tires? $500 for front tires only.Any downside to foam fill?If they last 5 years it will save me money and labor. 7 16G.1W is on front tires.Suggestions please
The US Army uses Flatout under the product ID of Multi-Seal. Same with the semi-trucks. It's liquid kevlar. Fixes holes up to a nickle in size. I got the SAME problem with those @#$%!#$!#$% locust trees too. This product works very well, even for tubes. I got it at Menards for $16 for a large bottle.

Flatout is non-flammable and not toxic. Lasts the life of the tire!

1713315136037.png

1713315075455.png

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #13  
Not really, definitely won't go flat but will ride rough.
Yes, but I feel if you don't mind the price, the benefits outweigh the down sides;

Even foam filled, the fronts Will wear out and need replaced, and it will need done again, and it will cost significantly more to have the tire and foam cut off rim

Rougher ride, but really, none of the tires we are discussing are a soft ride

Even foam filled, you Can still damage a tire, but it takes a Lot of damage to get to the point it needs replaced. I'm talking about chunks ripped out, large chunks, but it can still happen, mostly in demolition equipment

They make different densities of foam, ranging from pretty squishy, upto bowling ball solid; what I've used I would compare to the weight/stiffness of solid rubber

Weight, foam filled are heavy. That's not really a problem and may be more of benefit, but it is something to be aware off. On those fronts, we probably are talking less than an extra 100lbs per tire

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #14  
Probably not your bolt pattern, but looks like a pre-foam filled 7x16 industrial type tread, on wheel, is about $450 each. That's really not that bad, an might give you some general pricing ideas.
Screenshot_20240416_210707_eBay.jpg

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #15  
Sorry, didn't see you already had a price to foam the existing tires. I would look and see if the tread is good, and if so, that $500 for both is pretty good, just in down time and frustration

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #16  
Slime, Tubes? or better yet is do what I did and foam fill… and no more flats but the most expensive option.

Did the same - foam filled all four tires years ago. Was worth the cost, in my opinion.

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #17  
Rougher ride, but really, none of the tires we are discussing are a soft ride
The issue is, even on a tractor with no suspension, the tire has no ability to flex under load so it will ride even rougher than before.

I've used limited expanding foam in my lawnmower tires in the past, I remove the tire valve and blow it into the tire through the now clear tire valve hole until it's full and coming back out the valve stem and then I screw the valve core back in and let is sit for a couple hours and reinstall it. the smaller the diameter the tire is the quicker it is to foam. Far as removal, just use a angle grinder and slice the tire in a couple spots and pry it off. In my situation, the no tread front ZTR tires are always going flat. I eliminated that issue with 'foam at home'...lol

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #18  
The issue is, even on a tractor with no suspension, the tire has no ability to flex under load so it will ride even rougher than before.

I've used limited expanding foam in my lawnmower tires in the past, I remove the tire valve and blow it into the tire through the now clear tire valve hole until it's full and coming back out the valve stem and then I screw the valve core back in and let is sit for a couple hours and reinstall it. the smaller the diameter the tire is the quicker it is to foam. Far as removal, just use a angle grinder and slice the tire in a couple spots and pry it off. In my situation, the no tread front ZTR tires are always going flat. I eliminated that issue with 'foam at home'...lol
What I am talking about, and I think our OP is considering, is not Great Stuff foam, it's a dense rubber like, I Think butalyne material. They have different densities, ranging from fairly light to something like 12#/gal

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #19  
What type of tire? R4s are thicker and more robust. Maybe that's why most compact tractors come with them by default these days.

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #20  
I'd say they come with R4's because most of the small ones are 'hobby' tractors. I know with Kubota at least, you can specify what type of tire you want but the default is R4 which not something I'd want. I've had R4's on previous tractors and the traction, especially on damp dirt is marginal at best.