I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #1  

racer86y

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L2800
Proble we have is too many of them nasty black locust thorned trees on our property and i get a flat everytime i mow etc...Is it good to foamfill the front tires? $500 for front tires only.Any downside to foam fill?If they last 5 years it will save me money and labor. 7 16G.1W is on front tires.Suggestions please

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #3  
Slime, Tubes? or better yet is do what I did and foam fill… and no more flats but the most expensive option.

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #4  
I'm seeing more and more problems with valve cores leaking. Spit on them to see if they are leaking. Also, bend the stem to the side to see if they are rotting/cracking.

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #5  
I'm seeing more and more problems with valve cores leaking. Spit on them to see if they are leaking. Also, bend the stem to the side to see if they are rotting/cracking.
Same here. Had to replace a core last week on the Kioti. 2nd one this year on that tire.

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #6  
Get yourself a couple cans of expanding insulation foam and foam them yourself for under 15 bucks.

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #7  
Our bigger tractor had one tire always going flat. Took it to the tire guy and he put a tube in it. Problem solved. Don't use slime or fix a flat.. your tire guy will hate you!

.Edit: just read your post again and see your tires going flat because of thorns. Yeah, slime might be your best bet.

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #8  
We used to use foam filled tires on all terrian forklifts, Lulls, 'telehandlers', reach forks, whatever you want to call it. They were great, and we ran them at upto 16 mph on asphalt. Yes, they ride rough, but we are talking about a 24,000 lbs machine, running, I think 17.5x24s, so ride was never good, and the air filled were Very stiff too. We would get rebar, concrete stakes, tee posts, ect in the tires and never any issue. Don't know what the foam fill cost, but it was better than probably replacing tires 3 or 4 times per year.

With your 7x16, concerns would be a couple things;
I 'think' the minimum charge might be pretty significant to have them filled;
Front will wear out faster than rears because the small diameter, so, if used on concrete/asphalt, maybe these fronts will only last 1000 hours?
It is expensive, and more trouble/expense to clean up and replace

So, I would Google and call around, and price a set of front rims and mounted foam filled tires, as a package. I would Guess your around $900 if available; but I could be Way off, maybe it's $2500?

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #9  
Tubes with 'flaps'. These are like wide rubberbands that go between the tube and the tire inner-liner. They will absorb/deflect most thorn tread punctures. Just another level of protection.

/ I have a 29hp 4 wheel drive tractor for our 20 acres and front tires are always flat #10  
Some generic googling, seems to suggest between $150-300 per tire to have them foamed. Personally, I would probably get a new set of fronts and have them foamed, if the tread or general tire is torn up or worn much.