I got an early Christmas present

/ I got an early Christmas present
I can imagine that PTSD and a recent barn fire might be quite a chore to manage together. It doesn't help me any when circumstances happen to intersect badly with the things I deal with! But it does sound like the way you're doing things lately is a big improvement.
Yeah back in the 60's and 70's you never heard much at all about PTSD and it wasn't until the guys started coming back from Iraq and Afganistan that the ball started rolling. Also the VA has really improved in the past few years and now they are reaching out to help those that may have fallen through the cracks. I can deal with problems and stress but I just do it in another way.

I knew there was an underlying issue and went to a doctor about 25 years ago and he said I had ADD and put me on adderall which didn't really do much for me accept make me a little hyper. That's how much things have changed in the past 25 years or so.

I told the DR That I went to a few years ago the same thing I was going through as the one that put me on Adderall 25 years ago and got different results.

/ I got an early Christmas present #42  
I had to deal with insurance after a disaster. Having never been through a disaster I was amazed at what I didnt know. Wish I knew then what I do now. There's a need for someone who would go to disasters just to help people get started on the paperwork.

I had no idea what to expect, so was at the mercy of insurance adjusters and others with good intensions but not much real knowledge themselves of what to do. The insurance companies - one was State Farm - surprised me that they didn't care about exact receipts or depreciated value. They were willing to take my word for most of it. They didn't pressure me. Photos I had taken of the shop through the years sometimes showed tools in the background and helped me make up a reasonable list. I even sketched out a floor plan to help me remember.
Everything is an estimate. I tried to keep the replacement costs reasonable and they didn't challenge any of it.

If your claims work out like mine, there will be at least two types of claims. One type is with each insurance company for major items like the building, machine tools, and an bulk estimate of smaller stuff.

The other is a list of things not covered by insurance. Don't ignore that list. It is one you can add to over a year or longer as you rebuild and remember. Then with that list you can work with your accountant or whoever does your post-disaster taxes. Some types of losses may reduce your income & other taxes.

/ I got an early Christmas present #43  
Bad part about most home owners insurance is that they cap out the insurance for any free standing outbuildings value at 10% of the home value. I've dang sure more than 10% of my 350,000 house in my shop and contents.... hope you have good luck with the insurance.

/ I got an early Christmas present #44  
Who here has ever dealt with a insurance co? I think I need help.
Start with the agent. they have done all this before. ALWAYS ALWAYS pay the extra price for the "replacement cost of contents/ materials" on the policy. I have recently dealt with a lightening strike. I really like my Ins. agent. He does not even sell ins. w/o "replacement cost" coverage unless the customer requests it.