i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #41  
I've been trying to skip over this thread because it's just such a real possibility for me I don't care to address. I fell a few weeks back, foot slipped on wet grass. It would have been so easy to take out an ankle, leg, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow or wrist. As it was, I only torqued my right wrist a bit. It was tender for a few days, but no lasting effects. I've become somewhat unstable and have to take every step with far more caution.

I just hate to read about people getting hurt.
Amen, Brother. I feel your pain and have also become painfully aware of slips, trips and falls. The older I get, the mortality factor has become much more evident. Much easier to hurt myself and the pain is worse and healing time seemingly takes forever.

Be careful out there!

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #42  
The older I get the easier it is to hurt myself.
Every time I tweak a joint I remind myself to...

Keep your knees, nose & toes pointed the same direction.

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #43  
I knock on wood. Hopefully we are done with most of winter here. I can report that this winter I have not fallen down once. Now I must be careful because spring always brings its new hazards.

Exposed rocks - size of softballs - will collect heat and thaw the ground around them. Step on one - the rock spins - your foot twists - down you go.

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #44  
Yeah, appreciate your good health, whatever it is! If you're reading here, you have at least some!

I spent some time in hospital after an accident 4 1/2 years ago. Though I felt pretty bad with the injuries I'd suffered, I know there were other patients in there with more serious medical concerns, and less hope of a good recovery.

I learned that a good attitude, and willingness to endure some pain for gain during recovery make a great difference. I had 19 bone breaks, and now have more than 30 screws and pins in various places, and they all work! I've pretty well finished rehab. I don't run much any more, but bicycling and splitting wood are no problem. I have learned that when something hurts when I move it, I should move it more, not less.

I enjoyed 57 years of near perfect health, and did so much. I can look back at that with happiness, and now still do enough. And yes, I'm very careful to prevent winter slip and falls - I might strip some screws!

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #46  
Almost a year now - since my last post. Out on the property. I went down - able to tuck and roll. Lay there for a few minuets. No matter how I go down - it's always the left shoulder that hurts. Took three weeks for things to return to normal. Dr says - some type/form of arthritis. I have hydrocodone and oxycodone for the pain.

Getting old isn't really that bad. It's the falling down that's bad.

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #47  
My place stays icy for a few months. I have a pair of boots with ice cleats i put on to go outside, and a pair of boots without cleats in truck. Otherwise…its slip and fall tine all the time.
5776FE98-1C8E-4CCA-AC76-23835E9B6058.jpeg

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #48  
Nice cleats!

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #49  
Really nice cleats should work great, have one torn piece in shoulder still have three good ones get better oosik

/ i fell bad, dislocated LEFT shoulder ... completely immobilized, probably months #50  
My wife who is 80 fell 12 weeks ago and dislocated her left shoulder. Unfortunately she falls too often because she has peripheral neuropathy in her legs. Her latest visit to the ortho doc last week said she was 90% healed. But she still has pain every day and still can't raise her arm above her head. I massage her shoulders and neck every morning with CBD cream and it helps with the pain. Things heal slowly at 80.