I don't understand TEMU ads

/ I don't understand TEMU ads #1  

etpm

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar ym2310
Lately I have been seeing lots of ads from TEMU. I googled them and they are apparently sort of legit. But I don't understand why I am getting the ads I'm getting and I can't figure out what much of the stuff is. For example there will be 4 pictures in one ad. The first picture looks like a blow up doll. This one took me a while to figure out. I guess I'm naive. Then the next picture is what appears to be a toy model of a bulldozer. The third picture shows several devices made of different colored plastic and I have no idea what they are. The last picture is of a young white woman. I have no idea what she is supposed to represent. I also will get ads with, I think, 8 pictures. These will have a couple different fancy cigarette lighters, those weird plastic things again, socket sets, power tools, etc. Then another set with quick connect garden hose connectors, a knife, sunglasses, some kind of socket for some type of fastener, and so on. The ads just don't make sense to me. Like they don't know who is looking at the ads. You would think that since they are advertising on a tractor website there ads would show stuff that tractoring people would buy. But blow up dolls? Really? And plastic doohickies? And a picture of a young woman? Maybe I have a distorted idea of the tractoring community. I guess the model bulldozer toy kinda makes sense. If I could find a model of my Yanmar YM2310 for cheap I might be tempted to buy it just for a joke. I could mount it to the hood for an ornament.
Eric

/ I don't understand TEMU ads #2  
The blow up doors I understand…….
Tractors=mostly men….

/ I don't understand TEMU ads #3  
They sell a wide variety of stuff, some of it pretty weird.

/ I don't understand TEMU ads #4  
It's a Chinese shopping site with a very popular app. They get mixed reviews. Prices are good but many times stuff may be ordered and charged but never delivered. Check out some reviews before shopping there.

/ I don't understand TEMU ads #5  
It's new, or new to US version of Wish/Alibaba/Bangood. I have had fine luck with Banggood. Some of the things; like tool switches are incredibly cheap, and work; like a bag of 12 on/off 120v Ac switches for tools for like $9. If you're into 3d printing or diy CNC stuff; you can buy the same item from them at well less than 50% the Amazon price. Haven't had the Wish issues, of 3 months later getting it; or a shirt shown in a picture actually being doll clothes, ect, that you probably have seen videos of.

Also, if you want LED work or trailer lights; they have or had them for like $2.50. On Banggood, I think you do pay for small amount for shipping; but it's very cheap.

/ I don't understand TEMU ads #6  
It's new, or new to US version of Wish/Alibaba/Bangood. I have had fine luck with Banggood. Some of the things; like tool switches are incredibly cheap, and work; like a bag of 12 on/off 120v Ac switches for tools for like $9. If you're into 3d printing or diy CNC stuff; you can buy the same item from them at well less than 50% the Amazon price. Haven't had the Wish issues, of 3 months later getting it; or a shirt shown in a picture actually being doll clothes, ect, that you probably have seen videos of.

Also, if you want LED work or trailer lights; they have or had them for like $2.50. On Banggood, I think you do pay for small amount for shipping; but it's very cheap.

I gave Temu a try as well,
Some drill driver bits. TAC light copies with the 5 modes that take an18650 LI battery or 3 AAA's for 5 bucks they are slightly physically smaller than the ones from amazon, some electronic programmable switches. They threw it all in a bag and missed their delivery promise by one day.
Stuff was cheap compared to ebay or amazon for similar items. Probably OK, I give it a Meh.

/ I don't understand TEMU ads #7  
I've learned to always use a credit card and not a debit card with these sites. I have had to dispute two different charges when I never received the goods, or a broken product arrived. Called the card company and they put the charge on hold and after 30 days they drop it from the bill since the Chinese companies don't dispute the credits. Just part of their cost of doing business.

/ I don't understand TEMU ads #8  
Lately I have been seeing lots of ads from TEMU. I googled them and they are apparently sort of legit. But I don't understand why I am getting the ads I'm getting and I can't figure out what much of the stuff is. For example there will be 4 pictures in one ad. The first picture looks like a blow up doll. This one took me a while to figure out. I guess I'm naive. Then the next picture is what appears to be a toy model of a bulldozer. The third picture shows several devices made of different colored plastic and I have no idea what they are. The last picture is of a young white woman. I have no idea what she is supposed to represent. I also will get ads with, I think, 8 pictures. These will have a couple different fancy cigarette lighters, those weird plastic things again, socket sets, power tools, etc. Then another set with quick connect garden hose connectors, a knife, sunglasses, some kind of socket for some type of fastener, and so on. The ads just don't make sense to me. Like they don't know who is looking at the ads. You would think that since they are advertising on a tractor website there ads would show stuff that tractoring people would buy. But blow up dolls? Really? And plastic doohickies? And a picture of a young woman? Maybe I have a distorted idea of the tractoring community. I guess the model bulldozer toy kinda makes sense. If I could find a model of my Yanmar YM2310 for cheap I might be tempted to buy it just for a joke. I could mount it to the hood for an ornament.
Eric
Reminds me...
As a child (late 1960's) cousins had a Ford/Lincoln with retractable hardtop. The keep a matching model in the glovebox, retracted it too every time they changed the big car.