Hydro to CVT?

/ Hydro to CVT?
Just an update. Going to go ahead and make the jump into the new unit. Over the last few days I've worked on getting a couple of other quotes for comparison. My two other quotes came in at $21,900 and $22,500 difference with trade. This confirms my thoughts that the first quote of $16,300 was a really nice offer. They were loading tires yesterday and working on adding couplers to my loader for a grapple function. May possibly have it today, if not sometime next week. I'll update thoughts on the CVT once I get some real seat time.

Jeremy

/ Hydro to CVT? #22  
You won't be disappointed, the 55 has a ton of torque. I grin everytime I "work" mine.

/ Hydro to CVT?
Hi Farmall. I hope your right. Does your 55 have a cab? If so any problems with running hot? That's my biggest complaint of my current 45. I don't think the radiator was designed to handle the extra load of the cab AC. If I'm doing any heavy brushhogging or ground engagement work it runs right at the red line. Also my hydro seems to go into relief when digging in with the FEL before using all available power, seems like there is a little left being unused. With that said it's been a great tractor with no other issues. I hope the new one is the same. Dealer called and will have it this week. They were making the bracket for the extra set of hydraulic couplers for my grapple on Friday.

/ Hydro to CVT? #24  
I am interested to see as well. Your old tractor was made in Japan by Shibaura. Your new one is made in Mexico by Fiat/C-NH. I'm curious to see if the quality is the same.

/ Hydro to CVT?
I am interested to see as well. Your old tractor was made in Japan by Shibaura. Your new one is made in Mexico by Fiat/C-NH. I'm curious to see if the quality is the same.

I'll report on fit and finish when I get it. Only time will tell on long run reliability. Interestingly I took a look at the Mfg SN plates on my current unit. Loader shows "Made in Mexico". Cab shows "Made in USA, Dublin GA" and tractor plate shows "Made in USA Racine, WI". I'm assuming made in USA labeling requirements have become more strict since 2008?

/ Hydro to CVT? #26  
That's interesting... I looked at a brand new one a year or so ago, and the plate on the tractor (not loader) said made in Mexico (IIRC).

Maybe they changed the assembly location?

/ Hydro to CVT?
That's interesting... I looked at a brand new one a year or so ago, and the plate on the tractor (not loader) said made in Mexico (IIRC).

Maybe they changed the assembly location?

I'm referring to my 2008. So you are prob correct about the new ones being assembled in Mexico.

/ Hydro to CVT? #28  
Yes it has a cab, and no it does not run hot. I have worked this thing very hard in the 2 months I've had it. Put 96 hrs on it already during this very hot summer in Michigan, and it has not done a regen yet because it's working hard. The AC is outstanding, the 3 cylinder Fiat is strong and smooth, the New CVT is smoother than the last. The only downfall so far is fuel consumption, the old 40CVT used about 1 gallon per hour and when working it hard, this 55 uses about 2-1/2 gallons per hour. I don't care about the fuel because it takes fuel to make power.

Last edited:
   / Hydro to CVT? #29  
Only tractor I've run with cvt is a Fendt, straightforward tractor to drivie and minimal power loss versus HST. Only thing I did not like was that the cvt increased speed and didnt hold with heavy trailer downhill

/ Hydro to CVT? #30  

I'm not trying to argue but the design of the Compact TC and eventual Case models was developed by New Holland (now CNH). Its true that the engines, transmissions (HST & Gear) and most of the front axles where manufactured by Shibaura in Japan but that was the extent of Shibauras envolvement with these models.

Shibaura shipped their parts separately to the CNH plant where they married together. The majority of the remaining parts where manufactured by other suppliers to CNH specs. This was a NH (now CNH) design and it was built in their GA facility.

I think it's fine to point out Shibauras contribution to the reliability of these tractors and that can be traced back to the Ford days, but it's wrong to say that Shibaura built them.