Hydraulic top link?

/ Hydraulic top link? #1  

City Farmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer
I'm going to take my SCV off my Ford 4400 and put it on my Ford 3000 and would like to get a hydraulic top link. I'm going to be using it mostly for my tiller & scraper blades but I'm sure I'll find more uses for it as time goes by. Is there anything special I should look for in a hydraulic top link and is there anything I should look out for when using one?

Thanks in advance.

/ Hydraulic top link? #2  
Make sure you get one with enough travel to get the movement you want. Mine has a pilot valve, I think that's the correct term, meaning it won't move if a hose breaks or becomes disconnected.

/ Hydraulic top link? #3  
Make sure you get one with enough travel to get the movement you want. Mine has a pilot valve, I think that's the correct term, meaning it won't move if a hose breaks or becomes disconnected.
i dont thinkk i check valve is really necessary. How often do you have a top link hose or break let alone come disconnected. If it does, its time to park the tractor and get a new hose

/ Hydraulic top link? #4  
This is a good question. Sometimes I want a shorter retracted length on my top link and sometimes a longer extended length. If there were a telescoping top link it would be perfect. The reason I want a short retracted length at times is so I can lean my attachment towards the tractor more. And the reason I want more extended length is so I can dump the bucket with it when I have it on the 3 pt. I guess I can't have my cake and eat it too.

/ Hydraulic top link? #5  
There are a couple of companies offering Top-n-Tilt (T-n-T) kits. I believe one is Fit-Rite, and the other is CCM; but they have a new name that I don't recall what it is.

I have a hydraulic top-link from Surplus Center. They offer two CAT 1 cylinders depending on the length you need. These cylinders are/were identical to what CCM offered.

Surplus Center

A DPOCV (Double Pilot Operated Check Valve) is probably unnecessary; but one came with my top-link, and I left it in place. Also, 1/4" hoses will be plenty big to operate any T-n-T you get.

/ Hydraulic top link? #6  
I recommend Fite-Rite. No check valves and 1/4" hoses. I went with a 3" x10" CAT II

/ Hydraulic top link? #7  
I would go with Fit-Rite too. I got my top link from Brian and enjoy it.

image-3713460599.jpg

/ Hydraulic top link?
Thanks for all the help. I'll be placing an order with Surplus Center for top link in the next week or so. I'll get the Cat II.

/ Hydraulic top link? #9  
There are a couple of companies offering Top-n-Tilt (T-n-T) kits. I believe one is Fit-Rite, and the other is CCM; but they have a new name that I don't recall what it is.

I have a hydraulic top-link from Surplus Center. They offer two CAT 1 cylinders depending on the length you need. These cylinders are/were identical to what CCM offered.

Surplus Center

A DPOCV (Double Pilot Operated Check Valve) is probably unnecessary; but one came with my top-link, and I left it in place. Also, 1/4" hoses will be plenty big to operate any T-n-T you get.

Haytools has the toplinks with the double piloted check valves.
Hyd_Cat_1_long.JPG