hydraulic oil life

/ hydraulic oil life #1  

sonny101

Tractor
Kioti CX2510
Hello all,

I have a new Kioti CX 2510. The manual states to change the hydraulic oil at 400 hrs. Does anyone recommend changing that oil sooner from their past experience, or will hydraulic oil remain stable for 400 hrs with regular filter changes ? Thanks for reading.

Sonny101

/ hydraulic oil life #2  
Hard to go wrong following the manufactures recommendations.
Only exception would be moisture accumulation/milky appearance from condensation.
No worries-Good Luck!

/ hydraulic oil life #3  
Changing hydraulic oil and antifreeze are a couple of those things that many owners never do.

/ hydraulic oil life #4  
If moisture is kept out, and filters are changed synthetic hydraulic fluid will last way past 400 hours.

/ hydraulic oil life #5  
Typicaly a 1,000hr interval on hydraulic oils..but when your draining the tank you arnt getting it all.

There are anti wear additives and other detergents that can break down with use.

/ hydraulic oil life #6  
On my current hst tractor I have changed the hydraulic oil at the manufacturer schedule of 400h (coming up on second full service). On my previous hst tractor I experimented with extended hydraulic intervals (with filter changes and offline filtering) and noted performance issues at 1200 hours - mostly an increase in noise and less smooth movements.
I may spilt the difference on my next change and try 800 hours.

As noted, you can't go wrong with sticking with the book though.

/ hydraulic oil life #7  
If your tractor has a hydrostat transmission and shares fluid with the hydraulics, clean oil is quite important. Kubota recommends changing the hyd. filter after the first 50 hours and the oil at 400.

There are other factors to consider as well. If you use hyd. implements, particularly rentals, the oil can get contaminated more quickly.

Going by the book is the best bet, particularly if the tractor is still under warranty. If a visual inspection shows dirty oil, changing more frequently would also be a good idea.

/ hydraulic oil life #8  
I change HST/Hydraulic oil & filters at 50 hours and again at 600. After that we go a thousand hours with a filter change inbetween.
All are give or take a hundred hours or more...except the first change. That might even happen sooner.

/ hydraulic oil life #9  
I dread those filter changes between oil changes. I always lose a half gallon of oil and make a mess in the process. I've tried the trick of using a shop vac on the fill port but it doesn't seem to help much.

/ hydraulic oil life #10  
I dread those filter changes between oil changes. I always lose a half gallon of oil and make a mess in the process. I've tried the trick of using a shop vac on the fill port but it doesn't seem to help much.
I won't lie...it works maybe half the time. I don't have a better answer than that. At the Kubota shop the guys do filter changes and swear they typically lose maybe a quart or two....except when I'm watching...

No, I haven't tried the shop vac, yet. Maybe this year since this it is time.

Why do they put the filters underneath?? It's a FILTER. It can go anywhere.