Hydraulic lines left open to weather?

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather? #11  
The only thing that would really concern me is getting contamination into my hydraulic fluid. I would try and get it cheap enough that it would still be a good deal even if I had to replace the lines and the cylinder. Then I would take the lines off and inspect and flush. Then pour some hydraulic fluid into the cylinder at both holes and move it a few times by hand to make sure it is smooth and rust free. Also thereby flushing and inspecting the fluid that comes out of it.

If all looks good then use it, and you got a smoking deal. If you have to replace lines and cylinder you would still be getting a deal, just not as good a deal; Assuming you kept the price low enough as discussed earlier.

Just my 2 cents.

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather? #12  
Could use your tractor to flush each side into a container and inspect the fluid. Takes connecting , disconnecting QDs on the implement side a few times. Twice should have clear fluid and displaced old fluid and contaminates. Maybe a gallon or two. Then replenish new new fluid into your tractor. Job easier with a helper.

Grip low, drive forward then use FEL to lift free. Love to use the Danuser Intimdator to clear small trees. This is the best time of year to do that type of work.

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather?
Could use your tractor to flush each side into a container and inspect the fluid. Takes connecting , disconnecting QDs on the implement side a few times. Twice should have clear fluid and displaced old fluid and contaminates. Maybe a gallon or two. Then replenish new new fluid into your tractor. Job easier with a helper.

Grip low, drive forward then use FEL to lift free. Love to use the Danuser Intimdator to clear small trees. This is the best time of year to do that type of work.
How small of a sapling can you pull without shearing it off?

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather? #14  
How small of a sapling can you pull without shearing it off?

Pencil size. Don’t have trouble breaking off too much. No tire puncturing stems. Can pull grass up by the roots. The distance out gives visibility. Good design.

Just one stab with the excavator teeth underneath, then grab and go cleanly extracts bigger stuff with little dirt.

Have never used other types of hydraulic pullers to compare. Sure beats a chain.

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather? #15  
If the hydraulic lines of the tree puller are exposed to the weather without any protective caps or quick couplers, it's likely that dirt, debris, and water may have entered into the system, which could cause significant damage to your tractor's hydraulic system if not properly flushed out.

Here are the steps you can take to flush the lines and cylinder:

1. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and safety glasses, when working with hydraulic systems.
  2. Obtain a hydraulic system flush solution from your local hydraulic parts dealer or hardware store.
  3. Disconnect the hydraulic lines from the tree puller, using appropriate wrenches or pliers.
  4. Place the disconnected ends of the hydraulic lines into a bucket or container to catch any fluid that may drain out during the flush process.
  5. Connect the hydraulic lines to a flush cart or bucket filled with the hydraulic flush solution.
  6. Operate the tree puller's cylinder to circulate the flush solution through the hydraulic lines and cylinder for at least 10-15 minutes.
  7. Disconnect the hydraulic lines from the flush cart or bucket and allow them to drain into the catch container.
  8. Refill the hydraulic system with fresh hydraulic fluid of the appropriate type and viscosity recommended by the tree puller's manufacturer.
  9. Reconnect the hydraulic lines to the tree puller, ensuring that the connections are tight and secure.
  10. Check the hydraulic system for leaks or other issues before operating the tree puller.
It's essential to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for your tree puller's hydraulic system, as they may vary from model to model. If you're unsure about any aspect of the flushing process or have concerns about your tree puller's hydraulic system, it's recommended to seek professional advice from a hydraulic system expert or the manufacturer's customer support.

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather? #16  
If the hydraulic lines of the tree puller are exposed to the weather without any protective caps or quick couplers, it's likely that dirt, debris, and water may have entered into the system, which could cause significant damage to your tractor's hydraulic system if not properly flushed out.

Here are the steps you can take to flush the lines and cylinder:

1. Wear appropriate personal protective equipment, such as gloves and safety glasses, when working with hydraulic systems.
  2. Obtain a hydraulic system flush solution from your local hydraulic parts dealer or hardware store.
  3. Disconnect the hydraulic lines from the tree puller, using appropriate wrenches or pliers.
  4. Place the disconnected ends of the hydraulic lines into a bucket or container to catch any fluid that may drain out during the flush process.
  5. Connect the hydraulic lines to a flush cart or bucket filled with the hydraulic flush solution.
  6. Operate the tree puller's cylinder to circulate the flush solution through the hydraulic lines and cylinder for at least 10-15 minutes.
  7. Disconnect the hydraulic lines from the flush cart or bucket and allow them to drain into the catch container.
  8. Refill the hydraulic system with fresh hydraulic fluid of the appropriate type and viscosity recommended by the tree puller's manufacturer.
  9. Reconnect the hydraulic lines to the tree puller, ensuring that the connections are tight and secure.
  10. Check the hydraulic system for leaks or other issues before operating the tree puller.
It's essential to follow the manufacturer's instructions and guidelines for your tree puller's hydraulic system, as they may vary from model to model. If you're unsure about any aspect of the flushing process or have concerns about your tree puller's hydraulic system, it's recommended to seek professional advice from a hydraulic system expert or the manufacturer's customer support.
Are you serious? I'd hate to see your list of do's and don't's for something with a real problem.

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather?
The auction could go so high that it's not worth fooling with.

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather? #18  
I’d be concerned with the design of the single row of teeth. I built mine with triple rows of pinch points to securely grip saplings & small trees so they won’t break off. If it was still offered, I wouldn’t overlook it but I’d want to inspect the welds.

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather? #19  
I was looking at a quick attach tree puller up for auction, but noticed that the two hydraulic lines appear to be open to the weather. There aren't any quick couplers on the lines. The ends of the lines aren't even capped with plastic caps. There is one cylinder that opens and closes the jaws on the puller.

What would you recommend? How would I go about flushing the lines and cylinder to make sure there isn't any water or anything else in there that might get into my tractor's hydraulic system?
looked like it had fittings on it to me. Its so simple though, if you had to replace the cylinder or lines and you had a couple of hundred dollars, you could replace them without much fanfare. If it is exposed, just flush it first, it will probably work. Did you win it?

/ Hydraulic lines left open to weather? #20  
Flush the lines. Flush the cylinders. If you are concerned about contamination replace the hoses to the cylinders and flush before using.