Hydraulic Line Swivel?

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #11  
You can turn the fittings. Grab the ferrule in a vice or with a pipe wrench and grab the collar with another pipe wrench and turn away, the fitting will turn in the hose...........Mike

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #12  
You can turn the fittings. Grab the ferrule in a vice or with a pipe wrench and grab the collar with another pipe wrench and turn away, the fitting will turn in the hose...........Mike

Yeah, but that will not make the hoses lay flat together. The issue is the angled fittings on each end of the two hoses are not crimped at the same number of degrees from one another. One hose is clocked differently than the other.

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #13  
The issue is the angled fittings on each end of the two hoses are not crimped at the same number of degrees from one another. One hose is clocked differently than the other.
I'm being thick here LOL so forgive me :).
So why can't the crimped hose ends be turned on the hose crimp to wherever they fit good or am I being really thick headed which is a very good possibility .............Mike

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #14  
You are correct Mike. Those may be different but all of mine can be turned at the ferrule.

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #15  
I just went through all of this putting a Faster on my grapple bucket. The one thing you can't do anything about is when you tell them to install a #10 Seal Lok and the size is #8. Because you left the connection block at the shop.

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #16  
I'm being thick here LOL so forgive me :).
So why can't the crimped hose ends be turned on the hose crimp to wherever they fit good or am I being really thick headed which is a very good possibility .............Mike

“Wherever they fit good” has to be determined before the fittings are crimped. There is no changing things after the fact. Very doable when the tractor is near the hose fitting inventory and crimper. My comment about avoiding 2 angled fittings on a single hose speaks to this whole challenge. If you always have one straight fitting then a separate elbow fitting on one end this whole scenario is avoided.

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #17  
We've "fine tuned" the position of two angled fittings even on 1 1/4" heavy equipment hoses. They do turn in the hose after krimping.
Just leave the hoses installed and turn them with a pipe wrench until the twist is gone and are in a position you like them. With this method, you can even "steer" a hose away from an area where it would rub.

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #18  
Those 90's connectors do swivel, right now that are pointing to ~4 o'clock but easily move .

xOiCIX.jpg

Yes the couplers can swivel. If the 90's are as tight as you can get them, you may have to twist the hoses to connect the couplers. That is why I suggested a swivel connection on the hose connection. After everything lines up, torque them down.

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel?
All fixed and perfect. Local hydraulic shop cut the hoses at the coupler ends, installed 90* fittings on the couplers and put straight, full-time swivel connectors on the lines that now attach to the 90s. Now during operation the lines are able to swivel around the couplers and also swivel radially as the grapple moves. Thanks everyone, this is the way the grapple lines should have been installed in the first place.......

/ Hydraulic Line Swivel? #20  
Those hoses will not turn in the fitting they are crimped and not very good at that as there should not be that big bulge where the fitting comes out of the crimp sleeve.