Hydraulic Issues

/ Hydraulic Issues #1  

M_Beaty

Tractor
TYM T1054
We have a TYM T1054 tractor.
Having some issues with hydraulics. This thing has the Bosch control in the cab and we have been learning more and more about it. The control is throwing a code 22 that means no communication from the potentiometer. This controls the and tells the brain where the 3 point is and how far and fast to either drop or raise.
We have replaced the potentiometer and still has the same code.
I believe the tractor was pressure washed before we picked it up and I believe the brain attached to the Bosch controller may have been compromised. Any ideas?

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but the remote raising and lowering buttons on the fenders are not designed to hold the implement that is attached in one position.
They are only for ease of hookup?

/ Hydraulic Issues #2  
Hi again. How long have you had your machine and is it still in warranty? How did you find out what the code meant? If it really is a potentiometer they are not very friendly in a wet environment. I looked at the position device and it was a very long device, so it could be a potentiometer! If you own an ohm-meter then the first problem that seems to happen is the wiring gets hung on something and broken. Second is rodents seem to like to eat the insulation. There should be a plug for the position device with access to the wiring and potentiometer. I have a service manual, but TYM didn't spend much on it. The Kioti manual is much better, but I don't believe they use the Bosch controller. I will look tomorrow and see if I can find anything useful for you.

My TYM has spent the past 30 hours holding a 86 inch Titan Flail mower and unlike my Kubota M6800 the loader has not bled down any! I am so anxious to open the crate and start assembling the mower, but have to round up some cows and calves to go to the sale barn tomorrow, so my time may be a little limited, but will look up that data for you.

Have you done the 50 hour maintenance on your tractor? I finally got all the fluids ordered from Tractor Supply and they were all well known Mobile fluids. I will look up the numbers. Have more trouble finding filters at reasonable prices particularly the primary and secondary air cleaner filters. Had one company quote $56 for the oil filter and another quote $18. It should be fairly inexpensive since it is so many other tractors, excavators, and skid steers. I am planning to use the transmission fluid in the front axle, although some people use a 90weigh grease in the front axle. What did you do? What fluids and filters did you use?

/ Hydraulic Issues #3  
I have not pushed the fender buttons, but I would expect them to work just like the Bosch control and move the 3 point links to the correct position and stay there. I have not tried it yet. The main differences in the Kioti PX1153 and the TYM T1104 is the TYM uses newer electronics except for the lcd screen the Kioti uses. I would have bought either one, but dealers here push the Case brand in the larger tractors.

/ Hydraulic Issues
W5FL, We have not done any service as of yet, was 12 degrees last weekend with 14 inches of snow...no indoor work area yet. Tractor did a good job of moving snow though.
Hour meter also only shows 3.9 hours....pretty sure thats not accurate since it hasn't changed in the 5 hours that i know i have had it running. I am guessing that is another issue I will have to deal with soon.
Once it does warm a little, we are planning on changing fluids for more climate friendly fluids.
Fort Smith AR has a dealership that has been very helpful for filters and such. We stopped there on the way back from Des Ark AR where we bought the tractor. Gary at Bush Tractor has been amazing.
What I have found out about the rear fender controls: Use for aligning implements when attaching by yourself, beats jumping in and out of the cab 17 times...

They will not hold an implement in an elevated position. I had thought about using the buttons to raise and lower the plow as needed but I would have to reach out the back window each time to raise...gonna be inconvenient at best.

I do not have a warranty as of yet, however, TYM in North Carolina, corp has indicated that we can add a drive train warranty on it since we just bought it and it is a 2020 model year. At least on the bill of sale. An interesting note: Most of the T1054's were made in 2014-16. Production was halted due to a surplus. they shipped to dealers as need arose and they title, or sold them for the year they were actually sold off the lots. OURS: serial number shows made in 2016, titled 2020.
This info came from TYM Corp.

About the bosch controller, Dealer that sold it to us gave it a bath before we picked it up and they pressure washed the pooh out it. I believe we are going to need a new TCU after conferring with TYM and doing checks and back and forth phone calls with Corp.
I will definitely update this post and my other when I do get it fixed.