Hydraulic hose covering

/ Hydraulic hose covering #11  
What did you cover them with ?
I use PET expandable braided sleeving. It's a lot cheaper than hydraulic sleeving. You can get 1" in 100ft. roll for about $22 off Amazon.

When you buy sleeving, keep in mind it's sold by the diameter of the sleeving and not the size of the hydraulic hose. So 1" will cover 3/8" hydraulic hose nicely. You can choose to melt the ends to keep it from fraying or cover the ends with electrical tape as I did. For hose that's subject to a lot of movement, I added a tie wrap over the tape.

/ Hydraulic hose covering #15  
Just re-hosed the loader on my L3240, I use protective sleeving for UV protection and help prevent a mess/injury from hose failure mostly (abrasion resistance is also a plus on some applications).

I've ordered from some of the companies already mentioned but last couple were from this vendor, Electriduct 1" Nylon Protective Hose Sleeve - 25 Feet - Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G5N23D...abc_W7MSBV21F4BDTAMSWVR9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 they also have a size chart in the pictures.

Hopefully I won't have any more hose failures as long as I own this tractor, at least from degradation. I also replaced the large sleeve that holds the 4 3/8th hoses coming from the loader valve.
868605342.jpg

Sent from my SM-G715U1 using TractorByNet mobile app

/ Hydraulic hose covering #16  
   / Hydraulic hose covering #17  
I stopped by my local fire department and asked for some old hose. They were happy to give it to me. I used 2 1/2 so not to remove the couplings on my grapple.