Hydraulic fluid level

/ Hydraulic fluid level #1  

PA John

How do I check the hydraulic fluid on my T5d (T7) when the guage is broken? I just bought the machine and knew the guage was bad but didn't ask the PO about it since it was his fathers and he said he didn't know much about it. I figured it had a dipstick like the T5c that I had ran before. How does the guage come off does it just unscrew? I don't want to risk hurting the pump by running it without checking levels first.

/ Hydraulic fluid level #2  
How do I check the hydraulic fluid on my T5d (T7) when the guage is broken? I just bought the machine and knew the guage was bad but didn't ask the PO about it since it was his fathers and he said he didn't know much about it. I figured it had a dipstick like the T5c that I had ran before. How does the guage come off does it just unscrew? I don't want to risk hurting the pump by running it without checking levels first.

To my knowledge, there is no guage for the hydraulic fluid. The tank on the right side, as you sit in the seat, is the hydraulic tank. It uses a vented cap with a dipstick. The tank on the left side is the fuel tank. It is held in place with a couple of screws, but is really not servicable. The one on my T9 was so cloudy, I couldn't read it. I was able to remove it, slice open the plastic and polish it enough to make it readable. Some glue resealed it, and it works fine.

If you have any questions on your Terramite, call them. They tend to be very helpful to the folks who own their little beasts.

/ Hydraulic fluid level
Thank you CarlL,
I did take the right side guage apart and got things working. Mine is I believe a 2000 t5d which later that year they changed to the t7. I have a guage on both sides for fuel and hydraulic levels. The guage works but the plastic lens is cracked.

/ Hydraulic fluid level #4  
I have a T5D that was made in 2000 also. My hydraulic gauge doesn't work either. I talked to terry with Terry's Terramites and he said the gauge is magnetic. He's sending me some tie rod ends and gauges to replace, and gauge covers. Can't wait to fix that. I've also gotta replace the packing on some of the cylinders. They leak like sieves now to the point I can't even use the BH.