Oil & Fuel Hydraulic and Motor oil questions for 2210D

/ Hydraulic and Motor oil questions for 2210D #61  
I have a 2210d new to me, I cannot see tranny fluid looking down through fill hole, is there a check plug somewhere or is there supposed to be a dipstick on the plug like the engine has?

/ Hydraulic and Motor oil questions for 2210D #62  
There's a dipstick to the side of the fill hole
Don't feel bad, I look for it for a couple of days before I realized that had it been a snake it would have bit me

BTW.. fwiw, generally on a forum, instead of searching out an old topic and replying, you are better off just starting a new topic for your own question...

Attachments

• 1620520189045929226077.jpg
    1620520189045929226077.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
Last edited:
   / Hydraulic and Motor oil questions for 2210D #63  
many thanks, sir. i bought a service manual from hoye but the tranny pics are not looking anything like mine.

/ Hydraulic and Motor oil questions for 2210D #64  
I have one too... much of the manual reminds me of an ink blot test LOL

/ Hydraulic and Motor oil questions for 2210D #65  
See what your manual says. Would think that an ISO 32 or 46 hydraulic fluid would do. Would err on the low side and get 32, as it would be better for cold winter starts and would still be okay for summer.

For motor, the best would be a 0w30 ESP (exhaust system protection) by M1 at Advance Auto but a cheaper and almost as good would be a 5w40 T6 oil from Shell. Both these would work year round.

/ Hydraulic and Motor oil questions for 2210D #66  
Just stick to the OE Yanmar + John Deere era compact tractor oils for any of the YM Series machines. That's how they engineering them.

J20C for hydraulic fluid. Or any universal brand that meets the specification.
Likewise for harsh cold winters, J20D.

10W30 diesel oil for these Japan made imports. 5W30 in harsh cold winters. SAE 30 for really hot climates. Look back several postings, I gave all this info out per the manufactures data.

Do not be duped in using anything that is super modern for our non-computer and non-DEF diesel compacts.

/ Hydraulic and Motor oil questions for 2210D #67  
8 yr old question....